Shaving thick and tough facial hair is often a frustrating and painful task. When a manual razor is used to cut thick hair, there is increased risk of skin scrapes, nicks, burns and irritation which may lead to ugly razor bumps, bleeding, scars and infections. And when a wrong electric shaver is used, there is increased risk of pulling and tugging of hair, which may result in wickedly agonizing skin irritation and patches of visible stubble on the face.
Trusting Electric Shavers
Do you have thick and coarse beards that can dull a barber’s shears? Do you scrape your face when you try to achieve clean and close shaves with safety razors? And do you have serious trouble grooming your thick facial hair and find many shavers inadequate for your needs? Well, you can trust top-notch electric shavers to give you quick, comfortable, close and smooth shaves when you have thick facial hair.
While they do not shave as close to the skin as manual razors, these electric shavers are designed with massive motor-drives to breeze faster across the skin, cutting both long and short hair effortlessly and delivering clean and desirably close shaves. They also come with thin protective foils and hypoallergenic blades, which reduce skin irritation, nicks and burns while allowing for as many strokes as necessary to achieve smooth and close shaves when dealing with thick hair.
Features Of The Best Electric Shavers For Thick Facial Hair
a. Multiple and Sharp Blades
An electric shaver with multiple sharp blades will cut thick, coarse and tough hair quickly, without pulling, tugging and irritation. Such shavers help men with thick beards to achieve close and clean shaves effortlessly, reducing the frustration that comes with using dull blades.
b. 100-Percent Waterproof and Efficient in Dry and Wet Shaving
Thick beards should be softened by washing and lathering with the right gels/lotions/foams in the shower before shaving. Therefore, the best electric shavers for men with thick beards must be capable of working efficiently with the best shaving gels and lotions. Moreover, since wet shaving will frequently bring the shaver into contact with water/moisture, it should neither malfunction in the shower nor get damaged by water.
c. Fully Flexible Shaving Head
An electric shaver for thick hair should be flexible in order to give maximum facial adaptability. It should follow facial contours and access difficult-to-reach areas of the neck to allow for maximum closeness and precision without need for too much pressure.
d. Rechargeable Battery with Prolonged Runtime
A battery that can offer many minutes of cordless use will allow a man with thick beards to make many to and fro movements until a smooth and close shave is achieved. Such a shaver for thick hair should give at least 45 minutes of cordless use and should be charged in less than 1 hour. Corded use and a quick-charge option are also desirable.
e. Easy to Clean
Electric shavers for thick beards usually need to be cleaned more often than shavers for lighter beards. When thick hairs stick on the blades and foils, they dull the blades and render them ineffective, making shaving even tougher. To keep the blades sharp and the foils effective, the shavers should be cleaned frequently to remove whiskers and dirt. And for the cleaning routine not to be stressful, the shavers should be easy to clean.
f: Ergonomic Design and Absolute Comfort
The best shavers for thick beards should have non-slip handles and be easy to manoeuvre. Small-size and lightweight shavers can allow users to make quick effective strokes and to shave thick beards for many minutes without getting tired. The shaver should also glide/buzz smoothly across the skin without causing irritation.
7 Important Tips On Shaving Thick Facial Hair
For men with thick and tough beards, buying the most reliable and effective electric shaver is a critical step in achieving quick, smooth and clean shaves without skin irritation and discomfort. Here are some crucial tips on how to shave thick facial hair with an electric shaver.
- Wash and hydrate the face: Washing the face thoroughly will remove dirt and excess oil while softening the hair. Once softened, the hair will be much easier to cut. Hydrating your skin with warm water for more than 2 minutes just before you shave will also soften the whiskers.
- Use a shaving gel/lotion that is right for your face: The right shaving gel will protect your skin against scrapes and nicks while also helping to soften the thick hair, enabling your shaver to glide comfortably across the skin and to deliver an incredibly close shave.
- Use the best electric shaver: Using a multi-blade electric shaver will reduce the amount of pressure you need to use to achieve your desired closeness and coverage. With a multi-blade shaver you will experience absolute comfort while achieving quick smooth and close shaves. The blades should be super-sharp and clean, and should be protected with a foil in order to prevent direct contact with the skin.
- Shave with the grain: Once you have lathered your face with the right soap, you should shave with the grain to minimize friction and irritation. You can only shave against the grain if you are sure that your skin is not sensitive. But as a rule, you must start shaving with the grain until the skin gets used to the shaver before you can go against the grain.
- The most sensitive areas should be shaved last: Areas around your mouth and the upper lip are quite sensitive and should be lathered and given time to soak in, soften and be well-prepared for the blades.
- Check and change the blades frequently: Thick beards will dull the blades quickly and make shaving even more difficult. Therefore, whenever you experience pulling, tugging and discomfort, you should change the blades so you can achieve optimal comfort.
- Rinse your face thoroughly after shaving: Once you have achieved your desired shave, you should wash the face with warm water to remove excess cream/gel and dirt from the skin. After using warm water, you should splash cold water on your face to close the pores.
Choosing The Best Electric Shaver For Men With Thick Hair
In my opinion, the best shaver for thick facial hair should be easy-to-use, easy-to-clean, durable, portable, cordless and cost-effective, and should offer quick close and smooth shaves. The shaver should also be well-designed, top-quality, high-precision and comfortable. Apart from these qualities, you should also consider buying:
- A multi-blade shaver with a flexible contour-following head and wet/dry function.
- A competitively priced shaver with the best combination of features for dealing with thick, coarse and tough hair.
- A reputable brand that is highly rated by consumers: Some top brands include Wahl, Philips Norelco, Braun and Panasonic.
- A waterproof shaver with a rechargeable battery that offers many minutes of non-stop cordless use.
I have undertaken my own scrupulous research reading expert reviews and ratings about those shavers and checking consumer reviews to see what real users think about the shavers. Below are my top 3 electric shavers for men with thick hair.
The Best 3 Shavers For Men With Thick Facial Hair
1. Panasonic ES8243A Nanotech-Blade Shaver
This unique, ergonomic design, cordless, easy-to-use, portable four-blade cutting system has a larger and flexible cutting head, which ensures quick, smooth and comfortable shaving of thick hair. The wet/dry shaver works at a sharp 30-degree-angle and floats across the skin, delivering close and clean shaves without pulling, tugging or irritation.
2. Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4 Wet/Dry Electric Shaver
Boasting of a multi-flex pivoting head, 4-blade cutting system, exceptionally powerful motor-drive system, ultra-thin outer foil and 30-degree-angle nanotech blades, the easy-to-use, cordless, portable and irritation-free shaver gives smooth and close shaves with thick and tough facial hair. It delivers the ultimate shaving experience to men with thick beards.
3. Braun Series 3-340S Wet & Dry Electric Shaver
This sturdy, durable, inexpensive and high-precision electric shaver boasts of triple cutting action, powerful motor-drive system, free-float system and precision long-hair trimmer, which makes it ideal for shaving thick and tough facial hair. Fully compatible with the best shaving gels/lotions/creams, functioning efficiently in the shower, and delivering quick clean and close shaves, the electric shaver works like a high-end shaver and delivers satisfactory shaves to all thick-bearded men.
There you have it! You have gone through all you need to know before buying an electric shaver for thick facial hair. Do you still have more questions? If so, you can find all the answers on this website; if not, simply send us an email and your questions will be answered.