Are you a budget-constrained man who craves for a high-performance electric shaver but doesn’t know much about them? Do you want an electric shaver that is on the market for below $100, but don’t know where and which one to buy? Or are you just planning to buy an under $100 shaver but not sure which one will give you the best value for money?
Well, if you belong to any of the above categories, you are on the right blog.
With that said, keep reading this article to the end; alternatively cruise through the other pages of the blog to find out the information you are after.
Can You Get A Cheaper Electric Shaver?
While technological advances have resulted in electric shavers that deliver shaves that are as close as those produced by safety razor or a straight razor, the cost of top-of-the-line electric shavers, which range from $200-$500, have locked out many budget-constrained men from the convenience of a perfect shave.
Not to worry! All is not lost. You can still get a superb shaver for under $100. In fact, electric shaver manufacturers produce a whole range of shavers to cater for the needs of men on different budgets.
What Does The Under $100 Electric Shaver for Men Have?
Typically, the best electric shaver under 100 for men are built with similar technologies that are found in their more expensive counterparts. Therefore, in terms of performance, these shavers are just as good as expensive ones, being able to deliver relatively quick, smooth, close, and irritation free shaves.
The basic features found in under $100 electric shavers include:
- Flex and Float Shaving Heads: ensure perfect contact with the skin and effortless tracing of contours, resulting in fast and efficient shaves.
- High-Precision Shaving Heads: Shaves both short stubble and long hairs comfortably, quickly and closely.
- Dual-Blade Action: Cuts the hairs comfortably, just below the skin level.
- Integrated Pop-Up Trimmer: For close and clean shaving of mustache and sideburns.
- Rechargeable Charge-Retaining Battery: Delivers 40-60 minutes of cordless operation, and offers a quick-charge option for 1 shave.
- Easy-to-clean Design: Typically requires a simple rinse under running hot water to maintain in superb working condition.
The combination of the above features makes the $100 shavers for men really high-quality devices capable of giving the same performance as the more expensive shavers. They are definitely not a waste of money and by opting for the best one, you will simply get a device that does a good job for less.
Nonetheless, you should remember that buying a mid-priced razor will come with a limited number of accessories. For instance, you will not get the ultra-convenience self-cleaning stations that are found in the more expensive shavers.
Why Buy An Under $100 Electric Shaver?
Generally, you should go for the best possible shaver, which usually means paying as much as possible to get the most convenient and comfortable shaver. However, if you are under a tight budget, choosing one which costs less than $100 will be truly cost-effective.
Such a shaver can still help you achieve consistent, quick, clean and close shaves. On the flip-side, you should be prepared to forfeit the additional convenience accessories that are found in the more expensive shavers. Equally, even the best $100 shaver doesn’t come with a motor that is as powerful as that of a more expensive one. Hence, you need to be prepared to make a few more strokes when shaving.
Pros And Cons Of Under $100 Shavers
- Good value for money
- Quick, close, irritation-free shaves
- Some of them can deliver a similar level of performance as expensive shavers
- Comfortable shaves across difficult-to-reach areas
- 40-60 minutes of cordless shaving
- Ergonomic grip handles, lightweight and easy to use shavers
- Do not offer the same level of convenience as expensive shavers. For instance, they do not come with self-cleaning systems and so must be cleaned manually.
- Generally requires more strokes to give the same close shaves compared to the expensive shavers.
How To Choose The Best Under $100 Shaver?
There are several models of the modest-priced shavers, but commonly, they are classified as either foil or rotary shavers.
Foil shavers usually have perforated bars for propping up the hair to allow the blades to clip the hairs smoothly. Rotary shavers usually have slots where the hairs enter and get cut.
Depending on your hair type and shaving needs, you will need to choose either a rotary or a foil shaver.
For the best shaving experience, you should choose a rotary electric shaver if:
- You don’t shave often and let your facial hair grow: rotary shavers handle longer hair perfectly.
- You find it difficult to shave along facial contours: rotary shavers are exceptional in following facial contours.
iii. You are noise-sensitive: rotary shavers are quieter than foil shavers.
And you should pick a foil electric shaver if:
- You desire very close shaves: foil shavers deliver amazing results.
- You have a dry skin and want a wet shaver that will work perfectly with lotion, cream or gel: foil shavers usually come with wet/dry capabilities.
iii. You prefer the experience of the disposable razor: strokes of foil shavers usually resemble the passes of disposable razors.
Whether you opt for a rotary or a foil shaver, you should research each product thoroughly by visiting online sites and browsing through customer reviews. However, to save you the hassle of going through this painful experience of doing this time-consuming task, below is my top pick:
What Are The Best 5 Shavers Under $100?
Offers maximum coverage and optimal comfort shaver with remarkable precision and delivers close shaves. Priced at $99.54.
Lightweight, easy-to-manoeuvre, high-performance and high-comfort shaver that is ideal for individuals with sensitive skin and light-to-medium beards. Priced at $49.95.
Delivers the same level of closeness and smoothness of shave as the expensive SensoTouch 3D models. It offers wet/dry shaving options and prevents burns and nicks even when shaving sensitive skins. Priced at $59.00.
Total-efficiency and ultra-precision shaver that is ideal for tough-heavy beards. It comes with advanced shaving technologies that offers maximum coverage, superb skin protection and convenient wet/dry shaves. Priced at $79.95.
Did you find what you were looking for from this article? If so, use the information to improve your shaving experiences. If you did not, simply drop us a line via the “Contact Us” form and we will be sure to get back to you.