Think of a cheap shaver and the safety razor will come first. Why? A safety razor can simply be plucked from a grocery store for just $8. Now compare that to an electric shaver priced from $60-$500 and you will know why many men would not clean their wallets just to buy a machine that will do the same job as a safety razor.
So have you been overlooking electric shavers because they are too expensive to afford?
Well, think again! Today, there are many cheap electric shavers costing less than $50 and you can easily get one that suits your shaving needs.
Cheap Electric Shaver vs. Safety Razor
When you have an early morning meeting to attend or an early flight to catch and you really need to cut your morning routine by some minutes, you will definitely treasure the convenience of an electric shaver. A safety razor will simply not help you because whatever a safety razor will do in 10 minutes, a budget electric shaver will accomplish in less than 5 minutes. That is 5 more minutes to arrive at your workplace early, be in time for your morning meetings or never to miss a flight!
And that is not all. The best low-cost electric shavers typically deliver consistent shaves in both dry and wet conditions and are convenient when traveling. They also bust beards and spruce mustache and sideburns just as effectively as safety razors, while mitigating the risks of burns and nicks.
What are the Main Features of the Best Cheap Electric Shavers for Men?
Honestly, to have the words “best” and “cheap” in the same statement is a rare occurrence. But in this case, I cannot help it. From my personal experience with electric shavers, my discussions with mates and my research, I have found that when a shaver has 6 aspects, then it automatically qualifies as one of the “best”. And, when that same shaver has those aspects and then boasts of a low price of less than $50, it must be called “best” and “cheap”. You get it now?
Those six aspects of shaver excellence are:
- Shave cleanliness
- Shave closeness
- Ease of cleaning
- Ease of use
To demonstrate that it offers these 6 aspects of excellence, the “under $50 electric shavers for men” must usually have specific features and at a minimum incorporate those:
- Floating/Flexing/Pivoting Head: That offers blades which follow facial contours in order to deliver close shaves. Such heads can either be rotary heads or floating foils.
- Rechargeable Charge-Retaining Battery: That allows for cordless operation, flexibility, and is travel-friendly. And with numerous budget electric shavers available in the market, there is every reason to avoid shavers that must be plugged into power outlet before they can be used.
- Pop-Up Trimmer: Trimming sideburns, ears, nose and mustache is a critical aspect of grooming that should be supported by every top-performance electric shaver, even the cheapest ones. And typically, all under $50 models classified as the best electric shavers have pop-up trimmers.
- Replacement heads: Shaver blades are used daily/frequently and therefore become dull due to wear and tear. So, all shavers and that includes the cheap under $50 ones should offer the option of replacing the shaving heads periodically, typically within 6 months – 2 years.
- Easy-to-clean design: Many of the best under $50 electric shavers require simple rinsing under running tap water to remain in excellent working condition, while those that are not waterproof usually come with inexpensive cleaning kits.
Are Electric Shavers Under $50 For All Men?
Ideally, every man can find a cheap electric shaver that meets his shaving needs. In fact, it is by consistently delivering good performance to so many users that these shavers have managed to receive heaps of positive reviews.
However, to be realistic, under $50 electric shavers are perfect for men with thin, short and fine hair, but are not good investments for men with tough-heavy beards.
If you are planning to buy a cheap shaver, I would urge you to go on with your investment only if you are:
- A man with thin, short and fine facial hair.
- A man who shaves daily/frequently and whose beard never grows thick or very long.
- A man who is content with a basic electric shaver and who never minds spending a little more time or making more strokes to achieve smoother shaves.
The best budget shaver will not have a motor that is powerful enough to deal with tough, heavy and very long facial hairs or beards. For that reason, I would discourage you from buying under $50 shavers if you are:
- A man with a thick beard: Such beards require more motor power and better shaver features.
- A man who is too busy to shave daily or frequently: Your hair will grow and become difficult to shave with the less powerful shaver.
Invest wisely! Only go for a cheap shaver if it will deliver good performance and desired convenience. But you should add more money in order to buy a better shaver if you know your facial hair is tough and heavy, and is not cut daily or frequently. You should also remember that the cost of replacing the heads of an under $50 shaver is around half the cost of buying the shaver itself. Hence, when you buy the shaver to use on tough-heavy beards, it will wear out quickly and waste your money in the long run.
What You Should Consider While Choosing The Best Cheap Electric Shaver?
Before you even consider different electric shavers, you need to determine your shaving requirements. Do you have a sensitive skin? If so, a cheap foil shaver is perfect for you. Do you need a highly effective beard trimmer? Then, you must choose a shaver that comes with a pop-up trimmer.
To save you the heartache of doing your own reviews to see which one which will suit your particular needs, I have selected the best under $50 shavers that meet all of the criteria discussed above. In addition, if you click on the links below, you will find detailed reviews including the specifications, performance, pros and cons to help you make an informed decision.
Top 3 Electric Shavers Sold For Under $50
- Ease of use
- Run Time
- Battery Recharge Time
Philips Norelco 2100
- Fairly quiet
- 35 minutes of cordless use, but can also be used when charging
- 8 hours
Philips Norelco 3100
- Very Good
- Less noisy
- 40 minutes of cordless operation; Very Good
- 8 hours
- Very Good
- 60 minutes of cordless operation; excellent
- 2 hours
Offering optimized shaving efficiency, the easy-to-clean, ergonomic-grip, cordless foil shaver that follows facial contours, reaches hard-to-reach areas and is ideal for those who get razor burns when using rotary shavers. It is priced at just under $40.
This well-built, comfortable and ultra-precision shaver glides across the skin surface, sticks very closely, follows facial contours and delivers quick smooth and close shaves without having to revisit the same patch severally because of missed small hairs. In terms of performance, it is as good as expensive Norelco models. It is priced at just under $40.
The high-performance, cordless, easy-to-use and super-comfort shaver guarantees close shaves at maximum comfort. While it is not cleaned by rinsing under running water, its integrated hair chamber makes its cleaning organized and easier, allowing it to deliver good value for its price range of $35.
Have you found what you were looking for? Well, if so, I am glad you can now buy your under $50 electric shaver.
If you haven’t, I will try harder next time, but, do not leave the website just yet. There are numerous articles, resources and reviews on this website on various types of shavers. Therefore, just stick around, open a few more relevant pages and I am sure you will find what you are looking for or simply fill in the “Contact Us” and we will make sure to reply to you or write an article of your choice.