Wahl Professional 8061
- Affordable shaver that gives good value for money
- Delivers clean and super-close shaves
- Bumps-free shaver that is perfect for the skin type of black men
- Ideal for sensitive skin and coarse hair
- No nicks, burns and irritation; no ingrown hair
- Easy to use and clean
- Lightweight and rechargeable unit that offers both corded and cordless use
- Cordless option may be problematic after 6 months
- Has a plastic component which may not have a long lifetime
Summary of My Review on Wahl Professional 8061
Razors or blades work comfortably for white men and others whose hairs are straight and non-curly. But for dark-skinned men with typically curlier hairs and who often experience the problem of ingrown hair, blade or razor shaving is an ordeal that can disfigure the face causing skin discoloration and ugly razor bumps. This is something that can definitely affect someone’s self-esteem.
Are you a black man whose face becomes red-looking and sore with razor bumps as soon as you shave with a razor blade? Do you want something that will resolve your frustration for good?
Wahl Professional 8061 5-Star Rechargeable Shaver is it! Manufactured by a company that has been targeting black men with superb shaving kits since 1989, the bump-free electric shaver with hypoallergenic gold foils and Dynaflex cutting system delivers super-close and comfortable shaves for the face, head and neck of all black men.
Why Should Black Men Buy Wahl 8061 Electric Shaver?
- It is a bumps-free model that will allow every black man to achieve a clean and close shave without razor burns, ingrown hair and irritation.
- It has precision-shaving capability and will give quick and smooth shaves to every black man.
- It is uniquely designed for the skin type of black men and is easy to use and clean.
Wahl 8061 5-Star Electric Shaver is a high-performance, lightweight, rechargeable, easy to use and bumps-free electric shaver that gives outstanding close and clean shaves. Equipped with a very powerful motor, the shaver is effective in cutting coarse and curly hair and will not leave behind any stubble.
For black men looking for a clean and smooth appearance, this is a cost-effective tool that will give them close shaves without causing bumps, rashes and burns.
My Detailed Review on Wahl Professional 8061
Featuring a patented Dynaflex Cutting System that makes the shaver’s head flexible and capable of manoeuvring easily along facial contours, the Wahl Professional 8061 Shaver gives excellent shaves with minimal risk of nicks and cuts. Endowed with hypoallergenic foils that provide smooth cuts and antimicrobial protection, it is a perfect choice for sensitive black skin.
The cordless shaver has an easy-to-use design and is equipped with various accessories, such as cleaning brush and charging stand for user convenience. Designed with precision-shaving capability, the high-performance Wahl 8061 is exceptionally comfortable when used on sensitive skin. It comes with a multiple-language instruction manual and a pop-up trimmer that allows for precise trimming of side burns and mustache.
- Patented Dynaflex Technology: Makes the shaving head more flexible and capable of tracing out facial contours with great ease, delivering sharp shaves without nicks or cuts.
- Hypoallergenic Foils: Ensure smooth curves and antimicrobial protection; hence, ideal for sensitive skin.
- Powerful motor: Ensures quick and smooth shaving of coarse and curly hair.
- Easy-to-use design: The shaver is simple and easy-to-handle, allowing for comfortable usage.
- Rechargeable Ni-Cad Battery: Allows for corded and cordless use.
- Accessories included in package are a wall plug charger, multiple-language instruction manual, guard, cleaning brush, recharging stand, and foil-and-cutter bar assembly.
- Pop-up trimmer: For trimming sideburns and mustache.
How To Use Wahl Professional 8061 Shaver
- Read the user manual properly before you use the shaver.
- Either plug it or use its battery as a power source. Turn it on in readiness for use and use a mirror when shaving yourself.
- Adjust its blade for the hair-length you desire, and make sure that the front and black blades overlap properly.
- Hold the shaver against the direction of hair growth and trim the hair by making straight and circular movements, pressing the shaver gently on the skin.
- Use your free hand to stretch the skin and allow the shaver to catch and cut the hair quickly and cleanly, and without nicks and cuts.
- After shaving, make sure to clean the shaver properly.
How To Clean Wahl Professional 8061 5-Star Shaver
- Cleaning the shaver is necessary to prevent dead skin and hair buildup, and to maintain the blades and motor in optimal running condition.
- Quick-cleaning is necessary after every shave. For quick cleaning, spray the blades with Wahl Blade Coolant and then brush out hair with the cleaning brush. Then use Wahl Oil to lubricate it before wiping out excess oil and coolant with a towel.
- For deep cleaning, you will need to disassemble the unit for proper cleaning, and then to use a screwdriver to remove screws from the top of the shaver to allow you to remove the upper plate.
- Take off both the bottom plate and top plate, lay them to the side, and spray Wahl Blade Ice Coolant on the blades and on the exterior of the shaver. Brush the shaver with the cleaning brush and then remove excess ice coolant with a towel.
- Re-align the top shaver blade with the bottom shaver blade, and restore them back to the top of the shaver. Put back the screws and tighten them.