Wahl 9918-6171 Trimmer
Trimmer Settings8.0 /10
Battery Recharge Time8.0 /10
- Exceptional inexpensive trimmer for thick and coarse hair
- Quick-charging and power-retaining Lithium-Ion battery
- Both cordless and corded use
- Gives superb, neat and nice trims without pulling, tugging or pinching
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Has a memory function for the beard-length settings; hence, no need to re-set every time you trim
- Lightweight, small and compact trimmer that comes with ergonomic handle for convenient usage
- Silent and good for noise-sensitive people
- Good for grooming 5 o’clock shadow beards
- Blades can be difficult to fit
- Cannot be used for head-shaving
- Non-replaceable battery
- Not waterproof and therefore not washable
Summary of My Review on Wahl 9918-6171 Beard Groomer and Trimmer
A well-groomed beard and mustache will make you look more masculine, elegant and hot. But to groom your beard and mustache meticulously, you’ll need an excellent trimmer that will give a splendid finish without pushing you to break your budget.
One of the most inexpensive, cost-effective and high-performance trimmers that can help you achieve your dream look is the Wahl 9918-6171 Groomsman Beard-and-Mustache Trimmer. The small budget-friendly trimmer breezes past tight corners and gives excellent cuts.
Why Buy Wahl 9918-6171 Groomsman Beard-and-Mustache Trimmer?
- It is a pocket-friendly trimmer that allows you to get professional cuts without emptying your wallet.
- It has 6 beard-length settings for customizing your stubble according to your preferences.
- It gives amazingly trim, neat, and nice cuts without pulling and tugging hair.
- It is highly effective in grooming long and thick beards and mustache.
- It is the perfect tool to outline your sideburns and hairlines.
- It has a memory function that stores and remembers your beard-length settings so you do not have to make settings every time you use the trimmer.
- It can be used to trim pubic areas, particularly if a completely clean and close shave is not needed.
- It charges quickly and retains power longer.
- It is easy to clean and easy to maintain.
The Wahl 9918-6171 Trimmer has the right blend of features to help you achieve the utmost beard and mustache grooming experience.
Perfectly designed and suitable for men looking for an inexpensive trimmer, it features an ergonomic design with a chrome handle, ultra-sharp self-sharpening blades, small compact size, powerful motor, and a long-lasting battery; all of which make beard and mustache grooming effortless. The trimmer is also good for grooming a 5 o’clock shadow beard and is one of the best value trimmers for under $20.
My Detailed Review on Wahl 9918-6171 Trimmer
- High-Carbon Precision-Ground Self-Sharpening Little-Maintenance Steel Blades that cut through long hair and thick coarse beards with ease to give desirable stubble without pulling, tugging and pinching.
- 6 Different Beard-Length Settings that range from 1/2-inch to 1/8-inch. The beard-length regulator has a memory function to remember your settings and eliminates the need for re-configuration.
- 3 Fixed-Length Individual Guide Combs for full beards, medium beards and few-days-worth of stubble. The guides are easy to set on and off.
- Both Corded and Cordless Use for added convenience.
- Small, Compact and Sleek Design that fits easily in travel bags and looks good on bathroom countertops.
- Wide Trimming Head for more coverage per stroke resulting in quick trimming.
- Contoured Ergonomic Handle that has Soft Grip Pads to ensure that the trimmer is easy to hold, manoeuvre and use. The trimmer is also lightweight and can be used for long durations without fatigue.
- Has a travel pouch which is roomy enough to contain the trimmer and all accessories.
- 3-year limited warranty.
How To Use Wahl Groomsman 9918-6171 Trimmer?
- Begin by combing the body hair, mustache or beard that you want to trim.
- Set the trimmer to your desired beard-length setting and attach the right guide comb. Make sure that the guide comb is solidly locked in the right position before you begin.
- Set the guide comb slightly away from the hair and then move the trimmer with the direction of hair growth so you can achieve a smooth trim. In order to achieve shorter trims, you should move the trimmer against the grain.
- By using smooth over-lapping strokes, move it gently but steadily and adjust the trimming guide gradually until you achieve your desired trim.
- Whenever you want to cut outlines and hairlines, you must first remove the guiding comb. You can accentuate the hair lines by moving the trimmer downwards.
How To Clean Wahl Trimmer?
- The trimmer should be cleaned after every trimming session and done by spraying the blades with Wahl Ice Coolant and then brushing out dirt and hair using the cleaning brush. Excess coolant is wiped off using a towel and blades lubricated with Wahl oil.
- To deep-clean the trimmer, the parts must be disassembled. Begin this process by using a screwdriver to remove the screws so you can disassemble the parts of the trimmer.
- Spray the blades and the exterior parts of the trimmer with Wahl Blade Ice Coolant. Then use the cleaning brush to brush off hair/whiskers and dirt from the trimmer’s blades and parts. After brushing, use a clean towel to remove excess ice coolant.
- Re-assemble the parts and restore the screws in place. Then, turn it on and lubricate the blades using Wahl Oil.