Remington MB4040 Trimmer
Battery Recharge Time8/10
- Amazing battery life capable of powering 120 minutes of nonstop cordless use; the battery is to be charged only once a month if the trimmer is used once a day
- Excellent performance; keeps long beards trim, pleasing and well-groomed. Good for thick, coarse fast-growing beards
- 9 hair-length settings gives the best customized beards, goatee and stubble
- Can trim 5 o’clock stubble when its guide comb is attached
- Can be used as a buzzer to define the edges of beards and outline the mustache and goatee
- Wide trimmer blades and head can cover a wider area with impressive results
- Minimal maintenance as the blades do not require regular oiling and sharpening
- Has very sharp and tiny blades that are good for styling and shaping sideburns and hairlines
- Noise-free, easy to use and easy to clean
- Needs more strokes to achieve even trims
- No travel pouch/base for holding the trimmer and its attachments
Summary of My Review on Remington MB4040 Trimmer
For men who are planning to trim their beards, mustache or sideburns, a superb and efficient trimmer is a must-have grooming tool. And if you want to keep a relatively short stubble then the Remington MB4040 Mustache Beard and Stubble Trimmer is perfect for you.
Created specifically for trimming and sprucing facial hair, the trimmer is equipped with three high-utility heads, one for the goatee, another one for the beard, and the last one for stubble. It is also supplied with a grooming comb that can be used with any of the three heads. Therefore, the user-friendly, inexpensive and high-precision trimmer can create stunningly sharp and thin lines around the mustache, sideburns and goatee.
Remington MB4040 is a compact, lightweight trimmer with a powerful motor; it has three special heads and super-sharp easy-to-maintain blades. It handles long, thick and coarse beards effortlessly and gives even trims.
Its ergonomic non-slip handle makes it easy to hold and use; while its curved design enables it to access the difficult areas around the neck and chin. Its smooth cutting edge and sharp self-sharpening blades combine to give irritation-free trims without pulling, tugging and pinching. Offering both corded and cordless usage options, the trimmer is rich with features that make it worth its price.
My Detailed Review on Remington MB4040 Trimmer
- Super-Sharp Self-Sharpening Titanium-Coated Blades: The strong, durable blades are wide and sharp to give quick neat trims.
- 3 Different Heads for trimming your goatee, beard and create a perfect stubble look.
- 9 Hair-Length Settings (18mm, 14mm, 11mm, 9mm, 7mm, 5.5mm, 4mm, 2.5mm and 1.5mm) allows you to choose your beard, goatee, mustache and sideburn lengths as you wish.
- Sleek Design with rubberized non-slip grip makes it easy to hold and use. The trimmer will never slip from your hands.
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery which gives more than 120 minutes of cordless use, making it ideal for use when traveling. Also allows corded use.
- 3 High-Precision Ground Blades for edging, highlighting and defining your beard, sideburns, mustache and cleaning the neck area.
- Quick-Blade Release for easy cleaning of blades under running water.
- Package contains trimmer, beard attachment, goatee attachment, stubble attachment, charger and instructions manual.
- 2 year warranty.
How To Use Remington MB4040 Trimmer?
- Comb the beard, mustache or stubble you want to trim and then wash it to remove dust, dirt or excess oil. Dry the hair with a towel. Apply a beard balm to make the rough and coarse beards soft.
- Add the right trimming head and then set the trimmer to the right hair-length; also add the guide comb. Hold the shaver against the grain and trim by making gentle to and fro movements. As you trim, use your free hand to stretch you skin so that the blades can catch and cut the hair quickly. You can also add more pressure when your skin has adjusted to the trimmer.
- Depending on the length of hair you want to achieve, you can change the trimming heads; remove the guide comb and change hair-length settings as frequently as necessary. Take your time, and make short gentle strokes to enhance comfort and precision.
- When you want to define the edges of your beards or to shape your sideburns and hairline, remove the guide comb and switch to the stubble attachment head which has sharp tinny blades. Use it to create perfect edges.
- Once you have achieved the perfect trim, clean it and store it safely.
How To Clean Remington MB4040 Trimmer?
- When trimming long hair, there will be a build-up of cut hair on the trimmer combs, blades and interior. Therefore, if not cleaned promptly, the blades will become blunt and there will be pulling, tugging and pinching when trimming.
- Begin cleaning the trimmer by switching it off and then removing the guide comb. Using the cleaning brush, clear the hair stuck on the comb by brushing.
- Since the trimmer is not waterproof, you must never immerse it in water or rinse it under a faucet. Instead, remove the blades by dialing the release button. Then, wash the blades separately. Washing will remove the lubricant on the blades so you must oil the blades after you wash them. Use blade oil for the lubrication.
- Make sure to brush off hair from the combs, head and other sections of the trimmer and to clean the blades after every use.