Ease of Use9/10
Battery Recharge Time8/10
- Provides exceptionally comfortable and close shaves
- Highly convenient battery life and battery power-level display
- Requires minimal pressure to achieve the cut you desire
- Easy to clean; just rinse in running water
- Its handle is ergonomically good
- Works well on the neck area
- Acceptable noise level
- Large shaving surface ensures quick shaves
- Priced inexpensively
- Both corded and cordless operation
- The 5-minute quick-charge may fail to complete a full shave
- Large cutting surface calls for several passes in some areas such as jaw and Adam’s apple
- Difficult-to-use pop-up trimmer because of how it sticks out
Summary of My Review on Remington F5-5800
Do you want to maintain a clean and gracious face but find it difficult to do so early in the morning or late in the evening when using a manual razor? Do you have short stubborn beards that always give you trouble when using rotary shavers? Have you tried using a rotary shaver, got your face ripped up and now want an inexpensive foil shaver to give you the necessary smooth and irritation-free shaves? And would you like a solidly built, easy-to-use, easy-to-clean under $50 foil electric shaver for men which has a powerful motor and delivers quick smooth shaves?
If so, then the Remington F5-5800 Rechargeable-Foil Shaver with Interceptor-Shaving Technology is perfect for you.
Remington F5-5800 offers optimized shaving efficiency and precision, corded and cordless operation and good ergonomic grip. Following the facial contours in order to deliver exceptionally close and comfortable shaves, the shaver does not require pressure to deliver precise, clean and close cuts. It works well in hard-to-reach areas, is easy to clean and produces acceptable noise levels.
Moreover, it is ideal for those who are shaving in a hurry and for those who have got razor burns previously when using rotary shavers. And for the features it has and the quality shaves it delivers, Remington F5-5800 is worth its $40 price range.
My Detailed Review on Remington F5-5800
Sold at just $40, the high-efficiency and cost-effective foil shaver will present you with top-notch shaving technologies at a budget price. The shaver boasts of Interceptor Shaving Technology which ensures desired closeness after very few shaver strokes across the face. The high-tech Pivot&Flex Technology enables the shaver to adjust and conform to facial contours, allowing the blades to catch and trim hair quickly while delivering 97% shaving efficiency.
The shaver’s Stainless-Steel Surgical-Grade Blades ensure incredibly clean and close shaves, while the Pop-Up Trimmer helps to deal with thick hair growths, sideburns and moustache. Remington F5-5800 comes with a rechargeable battery that offers 60 minutes of cordless operation, an LED fuel gauge that conveniently shows the battery power-level, and an auto worldwide voltage for enabling shaver usage anywhere around the globe.
Main Features of Remington F5-5800
- Interceptor Shaving Technology: Gives high-efficiency, comfortable and close shaves.
- Pivot&Flex Technology: Ensures that the shaver follows contours and angles of the face to give close, clean and comfortable shaves.
- Stainless-Steel Surgical-Grade Blades: Delivers very close and smooth shaves quickly.
- Pop-Up Trimmer: Helps to manage thick growths, mustache and sideburns quickly and easily; manages hair of different lengths.
- Rechargeable Battery: Delivers 60 minutes of cordless shaving, and a 5-minute quick-charge option for 1 shave.
- LED Fuel Gauge: Indicates battery power-level all the time.
- Auto Worldwide Voltage: Allows you to use the shaver anywhere across the globe.
- Protective Head Guard: Protects shaving heads from potential damage.
- Washable Design: Just rinsed in running water.
- 2-year Limited Warranty
How to use Remington F5-5800
- The shaver is cordless and must be charged before use.
- Once it is charged, press the ON/OFF button to turn it on.
- Make sure that your skin is completely clean and dry, and not oily.
- Hold the razor in shaving position, ensuring that it is in the direction of hair growth. Apply little pressure on your facial skin and then begin to shave.
- Move the shaver back and forth, up and down slowly. Also make side motions, but do not move in circles or speedily. When you move slowly, you allow the shaver’s pivot head to adjust to the facial contours, especially at the neck and jaw line, so you can achieve a smooth and close shave.
- Use your free hand to stretch your facial skin so that the razor can catch and cut the hairs quickly, but avoid applying excess pressure when you are shaving.
- For the best results with this shaver, use it twice a day: at night and daytime. However, a single daily shave will still give you a fairly smooth and close shave.
- Once you finish shaving, make sure to clean the shaver. This will keep the razors under the foil performing optimally.
How to Clean Remington F5-5800
- Make sure that the shaver is turned off before you start washing.
- Remove the protective head guard and then wash the shaving unit by passing it under hot running water.
- Shake off excess water and then allow the shaver to air dry.
- Replace the protective head guard
- If you need more thorough cleaning, you should disassemble the whole shaver and clean the components individually. For instance, rinse the stainless steel blades individually and allow them to air dry.
- Store the shaver safely.