Philips Norelco Shaver 8100
Ease of use8.0 /10
Run time8.0 /10
Battery Recharge Time8.0 /10
- Radically faster than older Norelco models
- Extremely quiet
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Cuts exceptionally close for most beards
- Elegant and feels good in the hands
- Nice charging and good power retention
- Comfortable dry shaves and smooth wet shaves
- Irritation-free and painless shaving
- Requires longer time and many strokes to achieve smooth, clean and very close shaves
- Shaver cannot be plugged into power directly and so cannot be used when battery is completely dead
- Should have a lower price for the shaving performance it offers
- Only charges while it is in stand
Summary of My Review on Philips Norelco Shaver 8100 Series 8000 Wet & Dry 1250x/40
Are you looking for a lightweight, quiet, smooth and elegant shaver that gives you the ultimate shaving experience? Do you wish to use an easy-to-clean shaver that will not make regular shaver-cleaning another tedious routine chore? Are you planning to shift from a manual razor to an electric razor that works well in both wet and dry shaving options and is safe for a beginner? Or are you interested in an above-average heavy-duty shaver that will turn the trimming of long and hard beards, sideburns, moustaches and whiskers into a less arduous venture?
And would you like a high-performance shaver that can help you to achieve all or any of the above wishes? If so, then the Philips Norelco Shaver 8100 Series 8000 Model 1250x/40 is perfect for you.
Philips Norelco Shaver 8100 Series 8000 Wet and Dry 1250x/40 is arguably one of the best shavers in the price range of $100-$200. It is fairly easy to use and clean, and its battery retains power for longer, ensuring you never miss your shaves because of power outages. It is also absolutely quiet and therefore ideal for people who are sensitive to noise. However, since it cannot be charged without its charging stand (which does not fit into the shaver’s pouch), it is quite inconvenient for people who are traveling. Similarly, it takes over 4 strokes to trim thick and long beards, and cannot be powered directly without its battery. Moreover, because it tends to struggle with thick beards, the shaver should have been priced a little lower and so deserves a rating of 4.2.
My Detailed Review on Philips Norelco Shaver 8100 Series 8000 Wet & Dry 1250x/40
Created specifically to make the shaving of contoured faces and skins effortless, Philips Norelco Shaver 8100 Series 8000 Wet & Dry 1250x/40 boasts of a GyroFlex 3D (three-dimensional) system that blends three dynamic parts which run independently, tilting inward, flexing outward and pivoting around, into an effectively powerful contour-following unit. As a result, the shaver slides sleekly across the face and follows the curves and lines of the skin without need for extra pressure. Therefore, using the shaver means an irritation-free shaving experience with no or minimal chance for burns. Besides, the shaver has UltraTrack shaving heads that catch and lift every hair (short or long), resulting in clean shaves after just a few strokes. The shaving heads have three specialized shaving tracks, namely, holes for the shortest locks of hair, long hair slots and longer hair channels, which make shaving quick and easy.
Supplied with AquaTec Seal to accord users the option of either a cool wet shave or a comfortable dry shave, Philips Norelco Shaver 8100 Series 8000 Wet and Dry 1250x/40 grants you the freedom to shave the way you wish. And if you have a sensitive skin or you are just new to using electric razors then the option of shaving with a cream or gel will minimize skin sensitivity and ensure absolutely comfortable and safe shaving. Similarly, the shaver has a smooth SkinGlide shaving surface that ensures that razors float smoothly across the skin surface without causing irritation; while the shaver’s Super Lift&Cut Dual-Blade system picks and lifts hairs above the skin to enable comfortable cutting from the roots of the hair. And to avoid unnecessary razor contact with the skin, the shaver has been furnished with a precision trimmer to be used when shaving sideburns and moustaches.
Moreover, Philips Norelco Shaver 8100 Series 8000 Model 1250x/40 has a durable and charge-retaining Lithium-Ion battery. The battery achieves full power after one hour of charging. Once full, the battery will last 50 minutes of non-stop shaving or a maximum of 17 days of routine shaving. Whenever the power is used up, you will be alerted by a battery level warning alarm; while you can always know the amount of power left in the battery by checking the shaver’s display. Additionally, the shaver comes with a protective cap, storage pouch and travel clock to enable you to carry your shaver safely when traveling. Equally, it has a worldwide voltage function that adjusts from 100V-240V AC automatically, making the shaver perfect for international trips.
- GyroFlex 3D Contour: Traces out facial curves and skin contours, ensuring minimal pressure during shaving and reducing chances of irritation.
- UltraTrack Heads: Catches every hair in very few strokes.
- Touch-Control Numeric Display: Alerts you on the battery’s power level.
- Super Lift&Cut Double-Blade System: Lifts hair up and allows cutting of hairs from their roots.
- AquaTec Seal: Ensures Wet and Dry Shaving options.
- SkinGlide Shaving Surface: Allows shaver to slide smoothly over the skin surface for easy and close shaves.
- Pop-Out Precision Trimmer: Makes shaver perfect for moustaches and sideburns.
How to Use Philips Norelco Shaver 8100 Series 8000 Model 1250x/40
- Press the on/off button once to turn your shaver on.
- Choose you shaving option, whether wet or dry. For wet shaving, apply water on your face (or area to be shaved) followed by gel or cream, then create foam on the area for smooth shaving. For dry shaving, you need no lotion or gel.
- Hold your shaver into proper shaving position, usually against the direction of hair or beard growth. Then, use shaver by making straight and circular movements to glide through the face and cut the hair.
- Make sure to use your free hand to stretch your skin. This will allow the shaver’s blades to pick, lift and cut the hairs easily. Press the razor gently on your skin surface so the sliding heads can follow your skin’s contours.
- As soon as you finish shaving, turn off your shaver and clean it before restoring the head’s holder.
How to Clean Philips Norelco Shaver 8100 Series 8000 Wet and Dry 1250x/40
- Press the on/off button once to turn off the shaver, and then remove it from its charging stand.
- Take off its head holder and rinse the shaving portion through hot water for around 30 seconds.
- Shake the shaver to remove excess water, and then let it dry. Avoid wiping it with a towel or tissue because the shaving heads may break in the process of wiping them.
- Once the shaver has dried, restore the shaving head holder, and then use the supplied brush to scrub off the shaving unit and hair chamber without using water.
- In case you need to clean the shaver thoroughly, you will need to disassemble the whole of it and then clean every head and blade individually.