Philips Norelco Shaver 3100
Ease of Use9.0/10
Battery Recharge Time6.0/10
- Flex and Float System glides smoothly across the skin surface, with no resistance and no drag
- Shaving is smooth and irritation-free
- Completely washable; you only need to open its head and rinse
- Gives both corded and cordless operation
- Stronger motor which ensures quicker, closer and smoother shaves
- Rotating heads come with removable plastic cap for protecting the blades
- Has a quick-charge option
- Lightweight, soft to hold and easy to use
- Pop-up trimmer is exceptional for sideburns and moustache
- The shaving heads last around 1 year before replacement. The replacement is expensive, costing around $25 which is close to the price of a new shaver
- Recharge time of 8 hours is pretty long
- Has parts made of plastic which may be damaged if the shaver drops to the floor
- No travel case
Summary of My Review on Philips Norelco Shaver 3100
Are you tired of visiting a barber frequently to keep your beard trim and clean? Do you want to keep your facial hair short and elegant always but cannot find a low-priced waterproof electric shaver that will give you quick, smooth and close shaves from the comfort of your home or shower room? And would you like a soft-to-hold, easy-to-manoeuvre, cordless and easy-to-clean under $50 electric shaver for men that provides a truly comfortable and close irritation-free shaves?
If so, then the Philips Norelco PT724/41 Shaver 3100 is ideal for you.
Philips Norelco PT724/41 Shaver 3100 is a well-built rotary shaver that is very comfortable on the skin. It glides across the skin surface, sticks very closely, follows facial contours and delivers quick smooth and close shaves without having to revisit the same patch severally because of missed small hairs.
It is as good as expensive shavers, with its heads floating around the mouth area, under the nose and around the chin seamlessly. While it gives smooth shaves without much pressure, it also does not cause burns when excess pressure is applied.
However, the downsides to the shaver such as plastic parts which may break easily, the recharge time of 8 hours which may be too long and the high cost of replacing the shaving heads may inconvenience some men. Nevertheless, if you are looking for an inexpensive shaver that will give you relatively quick, smooth and close shaves, this shaver is perfect for you.
My Detailed Review on Philips Norelco Shaver 3100
For just around $40, the shaver provides you with a rich collection of features that makes shaving effortless and fun. Designed to glide smoothly across the skin surface, Model PT724/41 Shaver 3100 boasts of Comfort-Cut Heads with rounded edges which ensure close shaves at utmost comfort. The shaver’s Flex and Float System is tailored to allow the shaving heads to follow facial contours and catch more hair while making better contact with the skin. As a result, the shaver delivers relatively quick and close shaves even on difficult-to-reach areas.
It also comes with a Lithium-Ion battery that delivers a 40-minute cordless operation after 8 hours of charging and a 3-minute quick-charge option for a single cordless shave. Similarly, the shaver has a Built-In Pop-Up Trimmer for shaving sideburns and mustache, while also boasting of a fully washable design that requires only simple rinsing under running water to keep it in good working condition.
- Comfort-Cut Heads: Glides gently over skin surface and ensures close shaves.
- Flex and Float System: Adjusts automatically to facial curves to ensure quick smooth shaves without skin irritation.
- Built-In Pop-Up Trimmer: For shaving mustache and sideburns.
- Lithium-Ion battery: Recharges in 8 hours and delivers 40 minutes of cordless shaving when fully charged; has a 3-minute quick-charge option for delivering on shave.
- Fully Washable Design: Ensures that the shaver is easily washed by rinsing under running water.
- Full 2-Year Warranty and 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
- LED indicator for battery-full and battery-low alerts.
How to Use Philips Norelco PT724/41 Shaver 3100
- Press the ON/OFF button of the shaver to turn it on.
- Hold the shaver into position, ensuring it is positioned against the direction of hair growth.
- Press the shaver gently on your skin to allow its comfort-cutting and floating heads to glide smoothly over your skin surface and follow facial contours effortlessly. Apply gentle pressure on your face and then begin to shave by making slow and gentle straight and circular movements.
- Use your free hand to stretch your skin and allow the shaver’s blades to catch and cut hair quickly.
- Use as many razor passes as will give you the desired shave. Then, after shaving, make sure to turn the shaver off, wash it, dry it and then store it safely.
How to Clean Philips Norelco PT724/41 Shaver 3100
- Turn the shaver off and rinse the shaving heads under hot running tap water for at least 45 seconds.
- Shake off excess water and allow the shaving heads to air dry.
- When thorough cleaning is necessary, disassemble the shaver and clean the heads and blades individually.
- Store in a dry and secure place after cleaning.