Philips Norelco 3500 Shaver
- Gives smooth and close irritation-free shaves
- For those who are bald or have hair of light-to-medium heaviness/thickness, this shaver gives very close and clean shaves
- Incredibly quiet
- Lightweight and comfortable-grip shaver that is easy to manoeuvre
- Comes with a 45-day trial period that allows users to test and adjust to the shaver
- Built-in pop-up trimmer is exceptional in trimming hard-to-reach areas
- Good charge-retention makes it ideal for traveling
- Built with a weaker motor that cannot do a good job shaving heavy whiskers and thick beards
- Has no battery power-level indicator
- Has no switch lock to secure it during transportation
- No travel case in its package
Summary of My Review on Philips Norelco PT730/46 3500 Shaver
Are you new to electric shaving and wants a shaver with very sharp blades and that will deliver very close shaves with no skin irritations? Do you have short curly hair that is difficult to shave with most razors and now wants a modestly-priced shaver with dual-blade action and super-lift feature to cut the difficult hair? Are you bald or do you have light to medium-length whiskers or short beards and desires to have a good-value shaver that will trim out all hairs without irritating your skin, delivering a clean and smooth face? Or do you just desire to manage your beards, sideburns and moustache with a well-streamlined, comfortable-grip, lightweight, waterproof and reliable-precision trimmer that will give you a consistently smooth finish with both long and short hair?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then the Philips Norelco PT730/46 3500 Shaver is perfect for you.
Philips Norelco PT730/46 3500 Shaver is a high-comfort and high-performance shaver that delivers very smooth and very close shaves without causing skin irritations. It is also one of the most ideal shavers for people with sensitive skins. The shaver gives a comfortable grip and is lightweight and easy to manoeuvre. It is also very quiet and is therefore perfect for noise-sensitive individuals. Nevertheless, its weak motor that makes in unsuitable for shaving thick beards and heavy whiskers, and its lack of a travel case, switch lock and battery power-level indicator may inconvenience users. Still, when used specifically for shaving light-to-medium beards and whiskers and less heavy hair, the shaver will give very close, smooth and irritation-free shaves, ensuring the best value for its price range of $50.
My Detailed Review on Philips Norelco PT730/46 3500 Shaver
Furnished with Dual-Precision Heads that bear slots for long hair and holes for the shortest stubble, Philips Norelco PT730/46 3500 Shaver gives quick comfortable shaves with both long and short hair. The shaver’s Flex and Float System allows the shaving heads to follow facial contours, catch more hair and achieve better contact with the skin, resulting in faster and closer irritation-free shaves. In fact, by ensuring proper contact with the skin, the system minimizes chances of skin irritation and makes the shaver ideal for men with sensitive skin. Besides, Philips Norelco PT730/46 3500 Shaver boasts of a Super Lift & Cut system that lifts the hair gently for comfortable cuts below the skin-level. As a result, the shaver leaves no hairs behind and delivers very close and clean shaves.
Supplied with an in-built pop-up trimmer, Philips Norelco PT730/46 3500 Shaver is an ideal tool for cutting sideburns and moustache. The integrated trimmer has very sharp blades that catch and cut more hair quickly without any irritations or bumps. Equally, the shaver has a rechargeable in-built Lithium-Ion battery that runs for 45 minutes of non-stop shaving when fully charged. The battery requires 8 hours of charging to attain full power status, but a 3-minute quick-charge can give the battery enough power to support one cordless shave. Likewise, the shaver has a Quick-Rinse Cleaning System that allows you to clean it in less time and store it when fully dry, after every shave.
- Dual Precision Heads: Has slots and holes for quick and comfortable shaves of both long and short hair.
- Flex and Float System: Follows facial contours, catches more hair and gives quick smooth and close shaves. Also minimizes pressure and prevents skin irritation.
- Super Lift & Cut Dual-Blade System: Catches and lifts hair, resulting in comfortable and close cuts just below the skin level.
- In-Built Pop-Up Trimmer: Perfect for moustache and sideburns.
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery: Retains power for 45 minutes of non-stop shaving; requires 8 hours to recharge fully.
- Easy-to- Clean Design: Requires a quick rinse under hot tap water after use.
How to Use Philips Norelco PT730/46 3500 Shaver
- Press the shaver’s on/off button once to turn it on.
- Hold the shaver properly into shaving position, ensuring that it moves against the direction of hair growth.
- Shave by making straight and circular manoeuvres, ensuring that your free hand stretches your skin to allow the shaving heads to catch, lift and cut hair.
- When pressing the shaver against your skin, do so gently and without applying undue pressure. Allow the flexing heads to trace your facial contours seamlessly so that there are no razor burns.
- Make enough number of strokes that will give you the closest possible shave.
- And when you have achieved your expected shave quality, turn off the shaver, clean it and store it safely.
How to Clean Philips Norelco PT730/46 3500 Shaver
- Make sure the shaver is turned off.
- Rinse the shaving heads directly under running water (preferably hot water) for at least 30 seconds.
- Shake off excess water and allow the shaver to air dry.
- If you suspect that the water will not remove all the dirt in the shaver’s nook and crannies, then you should use the supplied brush for thorough cleaning.
- Once the shaver has dried, make sure to store it safely.