Philips Norelco Bodygroom 5100
Ease of use9.0/10
- Inexpensive and a good choice for those looking to buy a budget groomer
- Amazing back attachment ensures easy grooming of the back
- Cuts close and comfortably
- Good battery life ensures prolonged cordless use
- Comes with three combs for different hair lengths, allowing users to get the trim they desire
- Self-sharpening blades ensure no extra costs for sharpening blades
- Easy to clean, requiring simple rinsing under running tap water
- Not ideal for thick and coarse hair; it bogs down and pulls thick hair
- Head will not fit firmly into the handle after many uses
Summary of My Review on Philips Norelco Bodygroom 5100
A beach-going man should be wary of offending other beach-goers with his ugly overgrowth of body hair, while the man who plans to make a shirtless appearance in public should be wary of the growing disgust for bushy bodies. To be a true gentleman, you need to keep your body hair trim and close!
A clean-cut body is not only trendy and elegant, but will also enhance your shape and musculature, turning you into a cleaner and hotter man while sending out a clear message that you truly care about grooming. To keep your body hair consistently trim, you need a superb electric shaver; and the Philips Norelco BG2038/41 Bodygroom 5100 ranks among one of the best grooming device.
Having been in the grooming industry since 1939, Philips Norelco has perfected the art of creating wonderful products that have commanded the satisfaction and respect of countless customers. With thousands of buyers turning into repeat customers, Philips Norelco has earned a great reputation for its products. And you can be certain that Norelco BG2038/41 Bodygroom 5100, which is one of the company’s latest, meets the highest quality standards.
Philips Norelco BG2038/41 Bodygroom 5100 is a superb men’s back shaver with an extended handle for removing hard-to-get back hair and trimming any part of the body quickly. The waterproof wet/dry groomer has an efficient battery life that allows for longer cordless uses. The easy-to-clean and easy-to-use groomer also cuts close when used on medium-length hair.
However, it does not work well on thick hair and requires extreme care when grooming sensitive areas. Nevertheless, for its wet/dry convenience, self-sharpening blades, cordless use, different hair-length combs and a few other advantages, the Bodygroom 5100 is one of the most cost-effective and good-value groomers in the price range of $45.
My Detailed Review on Philips Norelco Bodygroom 5100
Made to offer convenient and safe below-the-neck trims and shaves, the Norelco BG2038/41 Bodygroom 5100 boasts of an extended-reach back attachment that enables users to shave even the hardest-to-reach areas at the back. It has rounded trimming combs that glide comfortably over the skin to deliver comfortable shaves.
The Bodygroom 5100 has self-sharpening maintenance-free blades that deliver precise and clean cuts every time. Furnished with AquaTec Technology, the grooming system offers comfortable dry shaving and convenient wet shaving options.
Supplied with three combs for cutting at different hair lengths, the dual shave-and-trim system delivers quick and close shaves with both short and long hairs. It has shaving heads that capture and cut long and short hairs in a few strokes without causing nicks and burns, while its rechargeable high-performance battery delivers 50 minutes of cordless operation after 1 hour of charging.
Norelco Bodygroom 5100 is easy to clean, just requiring simple rinsing under running tap water. The package containing the groomer includes a power cord, 3 trimming combs, cleaning brush, charging stand and back attachment. The electric groomer comes with a full two-year warranty and 45-day risk-free trial, and has heads that are to be replaced after every 12 months.
- Extra-Long Back Attachment: Makes the grooming of hard-to-reach areas on the back easier.
- Rounded Trimming Combs: Glide smoothly over the skin without causing scratches or digs.
- Self-Sharpening Maintenance-Free Blades: Eliminates extra costs and ensure precise and even shaves all the time.
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery: Offers 50 minutes of cordless use after one hour of charging.
- Protective Shaving Heads: Capture and cut short and long hairs in a few strokes without causing nicks and burns.
- 100% Waterproof and amazing AquaTec Technology for ensuring wet and dry grooming options.
- Three combs for trimming body hair at different lengths.
How To Use Philips Norelco BG2038/41 Bodygroom 5100
- Wash the body area you want to groom in order to remove excess dirt and oil. You may comb the hair to make your trimming task easier.
- If you opt for dry grooming, use a towel to dry the area. But for a wet shave, dampen the area and apply a shaving gel/cream/lotion.
- Turn on your groomer and run it on the area, making straight and circular motions against the direction of hair growth. Ensure the groomer is pressed gently on the skin.
- Stretch your skin, especially around creased areas, using your free hand; and move the groomer carefully over the stretched skin to prevent nicks and burns.
- When you have attained your desired trim, turn off the groomer, clean it and store it safely.
How To Clean Norelco BG2038/41 Bodygroom 5100
- Open the groomer’s head and tap it gently against a hard surface (such as sink) to allow the loose whiskers to fall from the blades and head.
- Using the cleaning brush, brush out any whiskers that are stuck on the groomer.
- Rinse the shaving heads in running tap water to clean dirty parts and remove clumps of hair.
- For a deep clean, disassemble the groomer and soak its parts in disinfecting solution or boiling water.
- When cleaning is complete, reassemble the parts, shake off excess water, allow the groomer to air dry and then keep it safely.