Philips Norelco Bodygroom 3100
Ease of use9.0/10
- Wet and dry water-resistant shaver that can be used in the shower and with gels and foams
- Good ergonomic grip; easy-to-use and easy-to-clean
- Dual shave and trim system, allowing the user to shave or just trim body hair
- Self-sharpening blades ensure consistently smooth shaves without the extra costs of sharpening the blades
- Hypoallergenic foil prevents skin irritation
- 45-day risk-free trial period allows users to try it before buying it
- Handy AC adaptor, cleaning brush and charging stand
- Not ideal for shaving/trimming thick or highly concentrated hair
- Bit noisy, therefore may inconvenience some users
- Inconveniently long charging time
Summary of My Review on Philips Norelco Bodygroom 3100
Have you ever looked at a lovely pose by a shirtless and hairless male celebrity on a popular magazine and wished you were as hot as the pictured model? A clean-cut and smoothly shaven body is not the preserve of male models and celebrities alone. You too can look just as stylish and well-groomed as the celebs, but you will need to trim off the excess hair on your chest, abs, armpits and back before you can show off in a shirtless pose.
Are you passionate about a well-groomed body but feel limited by the depth of your wallet?
Well, you just need to consider the inexpensive Philips Norelco BG2028/42 Bodygroom 3100 and turn your back on unattractive and embarrassing body hair. For just $35, you can acquire the cordless below-the-neck shaver, enjoy comfortable body trims and shaves, and achieve an elegant look.
Who Should Use This Shaver?
- The shaver is perfect for shaving the chest, back, abs, armpits and groin, particularly if the hair is less concentrated and less coarse. It is not ideal for beards and thick-heavy body hair.
- This can be a shaver for couples who like clean-cut bodies. It is not only good for men but also perfect for ladies who like to shave the lighter hairs of the legs, armpits and arms.
- The shaver is ideal for a man looking for an inexpensive and good-value entry-level body hair shaver.
The Philips Norelco BG2028/42 Bodygroom 3100 is a comfortable and convenient body grooming device that traces out the contours of the skin for clean and close shaves with minimal nicks, cuts and irritation. It offers both the dry and wet grooming options, allowing users to scruff without water and to enjoy leathery shaving whenever they wish.
The only downside is that the shaver requires 2-4 strokes to deliver clean shaves. It is also a little noisy and is not good for trimming thick and concentrated body hair. Despite these weaknesses, the shaver is still a good-value buy priced at just $35.
My Detailed Review on Philips Norelco Bodygroom 3100
Designed for safe and convenient below-the-neck trims and shaves, Norelco BG2028/42 Bodygroom 3100 has rounded trimming combs that glide comfortably over the skin. The three combs are meant for handling different hair-lengths with total precision. The dual shave-and-trim Bodygroom 3100 boasts of skin-friendly shaving heads that capture both short and long hairs in one stroke without causing nicks and cuts. Besides, its wet or dry options allow users to apply gels or foams for extra skin protection.
The Norelco Bodygroom 3100 comes with self-sharpening maintenance-free blades that delivers precise shaves and trims all the time, everytime. Similarly, it has a high-performance NiCad battery that delivers 50 minutes of cordless operation after an 8-hour charge. Likewise, its hypoallergenic foil reduces skin irritation while its comprehensive package includes a charging stand, power cord, 3 trimming combs and a cleaning brush boost user convenience. The shaving heads are to be replaced every 12 months and the shaver comes with a full two-year warranty and a 45-day risk-free trial.
- Dual Shaving and Trimming System: Allows users to trim or shave their body hair.
- Rounded Trimming Combs: Glide comfortably over the skin to give irritation-free shaves.
- Self-Sharpening Blades: Ensures a maintenance-free use while giving high-precision trims and shaves always.
- AquaTec Wet/Dry Technology: Ensures comfortable dry and convenient wet shaves and trims.
- Protective Shaving Heads: Capture and cut short and long hairs in a few strokes while preventing nicks and burns.
- Hypoallergenic Foil: Prevent skin irritation
- Three Shaving Combs for different hair lengths
- Rechargeable and Cordless Power System: Gives 50 minutes of cordless use after 8 hours of full charge.
How to Use Norelco BG2028/42 Bodygroom 3100
- Wash the hair on the area you want to trim/shave to remove excess oil and dirt. If you opt for dry shaving, use a towel to dry the area. However, if you choose wet shaving, dampen the area and then apply a small amount of gel/foam/cream.
- Turn your shaver on and then run it on the area by making straight and circular motions against the grain (growth of hair). Make sure the shaver is pressed gently on your skin.
- Using your free hand, stretch the creased areas of your skin to allow the shaver to catch all the hair. To avoid nicks, make sure to pass the shaver carefully over the stretched skin.
- When you have achieved your desired shave, power the shaver off, clean it and keep it safely.
How To Clean The Norelco BG2028/42 Bodygroom 3100
- Open the shaver’s head and then tap it tenderly against the sink to remove loose whiskers from the blades and head.
- Using its cleaning brush, brush out any remaining whiskers from the outside and inside of the shaver.
- Rinse the shaving head under running tap water to clean dirty parts and remove clumps of hair.
- Shake the shaver to let excess water fly off, and then allow the shaver to air dry.
- For thorough cleaning, remove the shaving head from the body and then disassemble the blades from the head.
- Soak the different parts of the shaver in disinfecting soap or boiling water for deep cleaning. Then, reassemble the parts and allow the shaver to dry.