Philips Norelco Shaver 4500
Ease of Use8.0/10
Battery Recharge Time9.0/10
- Huge assortment of features makes it a good-value shaver
- Lightweight, ergonomic grip and easy to use
- Durable as the blades only need to be replaced after 12 months
- Cordless and can be used outside your home
- Close, clean irritation-free shaves
- Convenient wet and dry options
- Easy to clean, just rinsed under running water
- Good for tough-heavy beards and hairs growing sideways on the face
- Has no charging stand, and no pouch for traveling purposes
- The shaver cannot be used when charging
Summary of My Review on Philips Norelco AT830/46 Shaver 4500
Are you having a tough-heavy beard with hair growing sideways and want an inexpensive shaver that will pull the hair against the grain and accord you a smooth shave and a gracious-looking face? Do you want a mid-priced shaver that gives close and quick irritation-free shaves while protecting your skin when shaving the most sensitive and hard-to-reach areas like the neck and below the chin? Are you looking for a premium-quality razor that is lightweight, comfortable to hold, quiet, easy to use, cordless and easy to clean? Or do you just want a mid-range electric shaver with an awesome combination of features, sophistication and performance, and which will allow you to shave any way you wish, wet or dry?
If so, then the Philips Norelco AT830/46 Shaver 4500 is perfect for you?
Philips Norelco AT830/46 Shaver 4500 is a mid-priced high-performance and amazingly comfortable shaver in the price range of $80. The powerful shaver is endowed with advanced shaving technologies that ensure maximum coverage, utmost skin protection, convenient wet and dry shaves, remarkably precise cuts and total efficiency in dealing with tough-heavy beards. It also boasts of ergonomic grip and is very easy to clean. Except for lack of a charging stand and travel pouch and its inability to be used when charging, the electric shaver has all the best and desirable features in a razor. It is also good value for money because it not only allows users to achieve quick, clean and close shaves, but also gives users the freedom to shave any way they want.
My Detailed Review on Philips Norelco AT830/46 Shaver 4500
Equipped with advanced features, the Philips Norelco AT830/46 Shaver 4500 allows for convenient and comfortable quick, smooth and close irritation-free shaves. Its Advanced AquaTec Seal Technology allows you to enjoy refreshing extra-protection wet shaves with gel or foam, in or out of the shower while also ensuring convenient irritation-free dry shaves. Its Dual-Precision Shaving Heads have slots and holes for long and short hair, ensuring quick comfortable shaves; while the Pivot, Flex and Float System allows the shaving unit to adjust seamlessly to the curves of the face, achieve better contact with the skin and deliver smooth nicks-free shaves. Similarly, the Three Independently Adjusting Dual-Blade System provide extra skin protection, catches and cuts both long and short hair faster, and makes the shaving experience user-friendly and pleasant.
Philips Norelco AT830/46 Shaver 4500 also has the Skin Protection System with rounded low-friction heads to adjust to facial contours and minimize the pressure exerted on the skin. Its Built-In Pop-Up Trimmer is effective in trimming side hairs and hence invaluable for shaving mustache and sideburns. Equally, the shaver comes with a Lithium-Ion Battery that takes 1 hour to recharge fully and that gives 50 minutes of non-stop cordless shaving. When charged for 3 quick minutes, the battery gains enough power to complete one cordless shave. Moreover, the shaver is easy to clean, with just a simple rinse under faucet being enough to keep it in tip-top condition. It also comes with a 45-day risk-free trial period, a full 2-year warranty, protection cap, cleaning brush and power cord.
- Advanced AquaTec Seal Technology: Ensures convenient dry shaves and wet refreshing shaves with or without gel/foam.
- Dual-Precision Shaving Heads: Ensures maximum coverage of both long and short hairs for clean and close shaves.
- Pivot, Flex and Float System: Ensures precise contact with the skin for quick efficient shaves.
- Three Independently Adjusting Dual-Blade System: Provide better skin protection; catches and cuts both long and short hairs for smooth close shaves.
- Skin Protection System: Has rounded low-friction heads for adjusting to skin contours and minimizing pressure on the skin.
- Built-In Pop-Up Trimmer: Makes the shaver perfect for goatee, mustache and sideburns.
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery: Gives 50 minutes of non-stop cordless shaving; while the 3-minute quick-charge option provides enough power for a single shave.
- Fully Washable Design: Ensures easy cleaning.
- LED Display with battery-full and battery-low indicator.
How to Use Philips Norelco AT830/46 Shaver 4500
- Press the shaver’s ON/OFF button once to turn it on.
- Decide whether to shave dry or wet. For wet shaving, you will need to apply water and shaving gel/lotion/foam on your face/beard. For dry shaving, you will neither apply water nor gel.
- Hold the shaver in proper shaving position, ensuring it is in line with the direction of hair growth. Then shave by making back and forth, straight and circular movements.
- The first strokes should be very gentle to allow the skin to adjust to the shaver. And to catch and cut hair with ease, you will need to use your free hand to stretch your facial skin gently so that the shaver’s blades can catch, lift and trim the hairs or whiskers.
- Also make sure to press the razor gently on the skin to allow its flexing heads to follow the facial contours easily and quickly.
- After achieving your esteemed shave, turn off the razor, clean it and then store it safely.
How to Clean Philips Norelco AT830/46 Shaver 4500
- Before you begin cleaning, make sure the shaver is turned off and removed from its charging stand.
- Remove its shaving head cap and rinse the shaving unit thoroughly in hot running tap water.
- Shake it for a few seconds to drain off excess water; then let it air dry. The shaver must never be wiped with a towel or tissue paper as this may damage the shaving heads.
- Re-cap the shaving heads and then clean the other parts of the shaver. You may use the cleaning brush to remove any hair or dirt lodged in the shaver’s nooks and crannies.
- Once the whole shaver is dry, store it safely.