Philips Norelco Shaver 4100
- Mid-priced and ideal for people who just want a good-value shaver; good value for money
- Equals SensoTouch 3D in performance
- Cheaper than cartridge razors, particularly for those who shave twice a day
- Waterproof and offers both the convenient dry and the comfortable wet shaving options
- Easy to clean
- Good ergonomic grip and comfortable to hold
- Less irritation once the skin has adjusted to using it
- Durable, lightweight and charge-retaining battery for cordless shaving
- Shaves not as close as achieved by blade razors
- Comes with neither stand nor case
- Difficult to get close shaves in areas under jaw and neck
- Cost of replacing heads is high
- Battery cannot be serviced by the user once it stops holding charge
Summary of My Review on Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100
Are you looking for a mid-priced, wet/dry shaver that is incredibly durable and gives an amazing shaving experience? Do you want to own an electric shaver that can guarantee close shaves without damaging your skin? Do want to retire your manual razor blade because you have a sensitive skin and often find your face in a bloody mess when you attempt to use razor blades? Would you like a shaver that is speedy and convenient when making dry shaves and is irritation-free, closer and more comfortable when used wet with a gel or foam? Or are you just interested in paying a modest price for a good-value shaver that blends reliability, new technology, better-looking design and improved functionality?
If so, then the Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100 is perfect for you.
Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100 is good value shaver in the $60 price range. It gives utmost performance, matching the clean and close shaves delivered by the more expensive SensoTouch 3D shavers. It is also cheaper than cartridge razors, especially for people who shave at least twice a day. The shaver also protects the skin from possible irritation and burns, and allows users to enjoy dry and wet shaving options. Nevertheless, the high cost of replacing its heads and the zero chance of servicing its battery can inconvenience users, while the need to make more strokes to get clean cuts and the difficulty to achieve closer shaves in areas under the jaw and neck can make the user’s life a little difficult. Still, if you want a good shaver for around $60, then you can trust this one to give you the best value for your money.
My Detailed Review on Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100
Specifically designed to allow those who want to invest modestly in electric shavers to enjoy the best shaves for their investment, Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100 boasts of AquaTec Seal Technology that allows for the options of either convenient dry shaving or comfortable wet shaves with gel or foam (out or in the shower). To ensure quick and burns-free shaves, the shaver has been furnished with a Skin Protection System with rounded and low-friction heads, ensuring that the shaving heads adjust to facial and skin contours in order to prevent skin irritation. Similarly, the shaver’s Flex & Float System ensures that the shaving head achieves better contact with the skin, catches more hair, follows contours properly, and makes closer and faster shaves.
Endowed with Dual Precision Heads that have holes and slots for both short and long hair, Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100 shaves coarse beards, long facial hair and the shortest stubble uniformly, efficiently and swiftly. Its Super Lift&Cut Dual-Blade System catches and lifts even the shortest stubble of hair resulting in very close shaves that are similar to those achieved by safety razors. And to deal with coarse beards, sideburns and moustache, the shaver has an integrated pop-up trimmer that makes such shaves remarkably easy and quick. Moreover, the shaver has a rechargeable, durable and charge-retaining Lithium-ion battery that charges for 1hour and then delivers 50 minutes of cordless usage. And when charged for just 3 minutes, the battery powers one cordless shave fully. In addition, the shaver is easy to clean and just a simple rinsing of the shaver under faucet is enough to keep it in top performance for subsequent shaves.
- AquaTec Seal Technology: Allows for both convenient dry and refreshing wet shaving options.
- Skin Protection System: Has rounded low-friction heads to reduce skin irritation.
- Flex& Float System: Ensures adjustment to facial contours for less irritation
- DualPrecision Heads: Shaves both short stubble and long hairs.
- Super Lift&Cut Dual-Blade System: Catches and lifts hair for comfortable cuts below skin level.
- Integrated Pop-Up Trimmer: Helps with clean and close shaving of sideburns, beards and moustache.
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery: Provides 50 minutes of cordless shaving.
- LED Display: Indicates battery power level
- Fully-Washable Shaver Design: Ensures easy and quick cleaning.
How to Use Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100
- Turn the shaver on by using its on/off button. Press button once.
- Choose your shaving option, either wet or dry. For wet shaving, you must first apply water on your face and then add shaving gel or lotion. Then, allow foam to form on your skin before you can begin to shave. For dry shaving, you need neither water nor foam, and so you can start shaving as soon as you press the shaver on.
- Hold the electric shaver into position, ensuring that it is against the direction of hair growth. Then shave by making straight and circular movements. As you do this, you should be using your free hand to stretch the skin and allow the blades to catch and cut the hairs well.
- Make as many strokes as will allow you to get close and clean shaves, and press the shaving unit gently on your skin as you shave to avoid undue pressure and irritation.
- After shaving, turn off your razor and clean it immediately before storing it.
How to Clean Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100
- Turn the shaver off and then open up its lid.
- Rinse the shaving heads properly in hot running tap water for at least 30 seconds.
- Shake the shaver briefly so that excess water can fly off, and then allow it to air dry.
- Replace the lid and store it.
- If intensive cleaning is necessary, you may have to disassemble the whole shaver and clean its parts individually. The supplied brush should be used to access the nooks and crannies of the shaver during intensive cleaning.