Philips Norelco 8900
Ease of Use9.5 /10
Battery Recharge Time9.5 /10
Overall Design9.0 /10
- Delivers smooth and clean shaves without cutting facial pimples or aggravating acne breakouts
- Close comfortable shaves without affecting existing facial acne
- Very easy to clean because of its superior jet-cleaning station
- Easy to hold and manoeuvre
- Exceptionally quiet
- Charges quickly and gives 60 minutes of non-stop cordless use when fully charged
- Stylish and slimmer than previous models
- Shaves conveniently in both wet/dry options
- Shaving head replacements are costly
- Can only charged with its charging stand, i.e. there is no means of plugging it directly
Summary of My Review on Philips Norelco 8900
Acne Sufferers: Stay Away From Manual Razors
For men with acne, running a razor blade across the face can cause immense grief and a great deal of pain. Razors usually cut very close to the skin, will cause irritation, scrape pimples, and result in acne scars. Therefore, the key is to avoid using manual razors.
Can I Use An Electric Shaver Instead?
To avoid acne outbreaks while shaving, you need an electric shaver with a perfect blend of features. You need the Philips Norelco 1280X/42 Series 8000 SensoTouch 3D Electric Shaver, hands down!
This high-precision unit will flex easily between the pimples, follow the contours of your face and cut hairs without irritating your pimples. Armed with blades that don’t come too close to the skin to cause irritation, this shaver gives you the best chance of achieving a clean and smooth shave on an acne-prone face.
Philips Norelco 1280X/42 SensoTouch 3D provides the ultimate shaving experience to men who have acne. Combining the old-fashioned virtues of premium-quality manufacturing, secure ergonomic handling, ease of use and amazing shaves with high-tech features such as the patented Lift&Cut system, GyroFlex 3D, UltraTrack Heads, SkinGlide shaving surface, automatic cleaning and AquaTec Technology, this shaver gives comfortably smooth and clean shaves on acne-stricken skin.
It is also less noisy and has a charge-retaining battery that delivers a full hour of non-stop cordless use. Apart from the heads that are costly to replace, the shaver has all the makings of a cost-effective companion for men with suffer from acne.
My Detailed Review on Philips Norelco 8900
Why Is Philips Norelco 1280X/42 SensoTouch 3D Perfect For An Acne Prone Face?
- It gives exceptionally smooth shaves with minimal pressure and irritation: The GyroFlex 3D system with three dynamic parts run independently, pivoting around, tilting inward and flexing outward, and follows the face’s natural contours impeccably.
- It cuts hair above and around facial pimples without cutting or scraping the pimples: The patented lift and cut dual-blade system lifts the hairs above the pimples for comfortable cuts above the skin level.
- It cuts more hair in one stroke and delivers clean and smooth shaves quickly: The UltraTrack shaving heads catch all hair in one or two strokes and has 3 shaving tracks for short stubble, flattened hair and long hair; ensuring 50-percent more skin coverage per stroke.
- It has wet/dry shaving functions: This allows users to shave their acne-prone face in the shower, using shaving gels/lotions to soften the skin/hair and therefore reduce irritation.
- It has super-sharp cutting blades that are guarded with a SkinGlide shaving surface: The shaver glides smoothly over the surface of the skin, achieving close shaves without cutting/scraping pimples.
- GyroFlex 3D Contour-Following Heads: Follows facial contours and ensures smooth shaves with minimal irritation and pressure.
- Touch-Control Numeric Display: Shows the battery power-level, prompting the user to charge the battery as soon as necessary.
- SkinGlide Shaving Surface: Allows the blades to glide smoothly over the pimples, resulting in minimal irritation and quick shaves.
- UltraTrack Heads: Offers 50-percent more coverage with its 3 independently moving heads, catching every hair in one stroke.
- Super Lift&Cut Dual-Blade System: Lifts flat hairs and ensures the hair is cut without scraping pimples.
- AquaTec Seal: Ensure convenient dry shaving and refreshing wet shaving using gels or foam.
- JetClean System: For washing, drying, lubricating and charging the shaver after every shave.
- Lithium-Ion Battery: Delivers 60 minutes of non-stop cordless operation after just 1hour of recharging.
- Shaver Dimensions: 1.2 x 1.2 x 6.2 inches
- Warranty: 2-year warranty; 45-day money-back guarantee.
How to Use Philips Norelco 1280X/42 SensoTouch 3D?
- Wash you face with warm water to unclog the skin pores and then apply a shaving gel/lotion. Rub gently to lather.
- Turn the shaver on by pressing its ON/OFF button once.
- Hold it into position, making sure it is moved with the direction of hair growth. Then shave by making gentle to and fro movements.
- Use your free hand to stretch the skin gently so that the shaver can catch all hair in a few strokes. Press it gently to allow its heads to follow facial contours.
- Avoid cutting or scraping the pimples and avoid running the shaver over the same area several times.
- When you have achieved your desired cut, turn it off and clean immediately.
How to Clean Philips Norelco 1280X/42 SensoTouch 3D?
- You can choose to clean the shaver automatically (with JetClean system) or manually.
- In manual cleaning, you should rinse the shaving heads under running hot water for about 30 seconds. Make sure the blades are thoroughly rinsed to remove all whiskers. After rinsing, shake off excess water and allow it to air dry.
- In automatic cleaning, you should exploit the three options of the JetClean system to achieve a deep clean. Follow the user manual to set the automatic cleaning system in the Eco Program, Auto-Program or Intensive Cleaning Program. Before you can set the automatic cleaning system to run, you need to refill the canister with well mixed cleaning solution (a blend of alcohol and oil). Typically, it takes 5 minutes for automatic cleaning to be complete and around 2 hours for the shaver to dry fully, but with the Eco Program, you can reduce the drying cycle to just 1 hour.