Philips Norelco 8100
Ease of Use9.0/10
Battery Recharge Time9.0/10
- Wet/dry shaving options
- Close and comfortable shaves without cutting/scraping facial acne/pimples
- Powerful motor that delivers quick shaving; reduces time needed for routine grooming
- Extremely quiet
- Amazingly easy to clean
- Charges full in 1 hour and gives 50 minutes of non-stop cordless use
- Excellent build quality, easy to hold and convenient to use
- The charging stand is somewhat flimsy
- Replacement parts are costly
Summary of My Review on Philips Norelco 8100
Acne dulls the face and makes shaving a frustrating chore. And for someone who always wants the closest cut and the cleanest face, acne will limit how far you can go. Even if your skin is acne prone, this should not be a barrier against turning your face into a trim and gorgeous gem. But first, you will need to make the right shaving decisions before you can overcome the acne dilemma.
Shun The Safety Razor If You Suffer From Acne
The first shaving decision you must make is to avoid safety razors. For the conservative man who finds the razor blade the ideal tool for achieving close shaves, the former decision may be hard to make, but you need to follow though. As the saying goes “the hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn”.
So Why Should You Avoid Razor Blades If You Have Acne?
They cut too close to the skin, therefore causes irritation, burns and nicks, and promotes acne flair-ups. Shaving with a manual razor increases the risk that you will cut or scrape the pimples and cause scars on your face. The answer to avoiding acne scarring while shaving is electric shavers! Why? Because they do not cut as close as safety razors, therefore, cause less skin irritation.
Which Electric Shaver Should I Choose For My Acne Prone Skin?
The second decision you must make is to choose the best electric shaver to prevent acne scars as well as avoid acne altogether. Not all electric shavers are perfect for acne skin; Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D Model 1250X/40 Electric Shaver (Series 8000) is one of the better choices.
The advanced technology-packed Norelco 1250X/40 shaver glides smoothly over the face and will easily turn the gruelling task of shaving an acne-stricken face into a stress-free ritual. Don’t get me wrong, this high-performance shaver provides exceptionally smooth shaves and its blades don’t dull with frequent use. It can even be used in the shower; its powerful motor makes it much faster than older models; and its wet/dry shaving function allows the use of shaving creams and gels. If you have acne, this is the shaver you need. You will be hooked!
The Philips Norelco 1250X/40 is a high-precision shaver that glides across the skin smoothly and cuts all hair in a few strokes without leaving any scars. Its detachable head is remarkably easy to clean; its ergonomic handle makes it fit perfectly into the hands; its extremely quiet operation makes it convenient for noise-sensitive people; and its charge-retaining battery lasts long enough to make several complete shaves. And its advanced contouring capabilities make it ideal for shaving acne-prone faces. Its price of just below $145 is fair and reasonable.
My Detailed Review on Philips Norelco 8100
Why Is The Norelco SensoTouch 3D Model 1250X/40 Ideal for Acne-Prone Face?
- It requires minimal pressure to deliver amazingly smooth shaves: The GyroFlex 3D system boasts three independent moving parts which adjust to every feature of the face and follows facial contours for irritation-free and nicks-free shaves.
- It cuts the hair around and above facial acne (pimples) without scraping or cutting the acne: The Super Lift&Cut Dual-Blade system picks, lifts, and cuts the hair around the acne and above the skin’s acne level comfortably.
- It cuts more hair per stroke and gives smooth shaves quickly: The UltraTrack Shaving Heads has three tracks (for flattened hair, short stubble and long hair) which catch 50-percent more hair per stroke.
- It can shave acne-prone faces in the shower when the skin and hairs have been softened: The wet/dry shaving options allows the use of shaving gels and creams.
- There is no need to make many strokes across the same area: The super-sharp cutting blades are guarded with the SkinGlide Shaving surface to guarantee quick, clean and comfortable shaves without scraping or cutting facial pimples.
- GyroFlex 3D Contour-Following System: Comes with 3 independently moving and vibrant parts for following facial contours.
- UltraTrack Shaving Heads: Have 3 shaving tracks, namely, the slots for normal hair, the channels for long hair and flat-lying hair, and holes for short stubble; ensuring 50-percent more coverage.
- AquaTec Wet/Dry Shaving Technology: Allows for convenient dry shaving and refreshing wet shaving with shaving gels/creams.
- Pop-Out trimmer: For shaving mustache and sideburns.
- Skin-friendly SkinGlide system: Has flat surfaces and rounded edges for minimizing friction and reducing irritation.
- Super Lift&Cut Dual-Blade System: Lifts and cuts the hair above the skin level.
- Lithium-Ion Battery: Charges fully after 1 hour; delivers 50 minutes of cordless use.
- Critical accessories include power cord, charging stand, cleaning brush, soft travel case, and plastic protective cap.
How To Use Norelco SensoTouch 3D Model 1250X/40?
- If you have acne, you can reduce skin irritation by washing the face with warm water to open up clogged skin pores. You also need to prioritize wet shaving with the best shaving gel/cream available because they will make your skin/hair softer, resulting in easy irritation-free shaving.
- Turn the shaver on by pressing the ON/OFF button once. Then place it into position, making sure it is used with the grain (direction of hair growth). This will reduce friction and irritation.
- Make gentle movements across the face, ensuring to exert little pressure so that the shaving heads can freely glide and trace out facial contours. Use your free hand to stretch the skin so you can allow the shaver to catch and cut more hair in a few strokes.
- Never cut or scrape the acne/pimples. And each time you move the shaver closer to facial pimples, be careful to avoid irritating/cutting/aggravating them. Do not make several strokes over the same area.
- When you have achieved your desired trim, clean it immediately before storing.
How To Clean Norelco SensoTouch 3D Model 1250X/40?
- Open the shaving heads and hold the shaver under running water so that water can rinse out sticking whiskers from the blades. You repeat this after every shave.
- For more detailed cleaning, open each of the 3 shaving heads and rinse under HOT water. After rinsing, shake off excess water and leave the heads open to air dry fully. Do this each time you use a cream/gel.
- Once in a while, you should disassemble the shaver’s parts, combs and chambers, and then clean them scrupulously using the cleaning brush.