Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100
- Fast, irritation-free shaves
- Easy-to-clean shaver
- Very quiet shaving
- Exceptionally sleek and attractive shaver
- Amazingly close shaves for areas under the jaw and neck
- Ideal wet or dry shaver for those shifting from manual razors to electric shavers
- Travel-friendly shaver
- Its battery is non-replaceable
- Gives close shaves after at least 2-4 strokes, depending on hair thickness
Summary of My Review on Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100
Are you looking for a quiet shaver that will glide over your skin quickly and give a cleaner, faster and softer shave? Do you have a sensitive skin that usually gets horrible burns when dry-shaving and now want to shift to an inexpensive wet shaver that gives clean and close shaves with the best shaving creams and gels? Are you having long beards below your jaw and neck and needs a well-crafted shaver with a slim gliding head that will venture into those hard-to-shave areas and give you a super-clean face? Or are you just planning to start using electric shavers and want an easy-to-use wet or dry shaver in the $90 price range that is safest for beginners?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then the Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100 is perfect for you.
Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100 is a high-performance and comfortable shaver in the $90 price range. It glides over the skin and traces out contours, resulting in clean, close and comfortable shaves for the most contoured faces and the areas under the jaw and neck. It also achieves close irritation-free shaves in either wet or dry options. Nonetheless, it is rated 4.2 because it requires at least 2-4 strokes to give close shaves with long hair, and because its battery is not replaceable. However, for all the features it contains, it is one of the shavers that give the best value for money.
My Detailed Review on Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100
Crafted to give the best clean looks to the most contoured faces, Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100 exploits the GyroFlex 2D (two-dimensional) contouring technology to float across the face and adjust to curves without need for extra pressure. The shaver also boasts of DualPrecision heads for complete coverage and cutting hair of all lengths (short and long) without extra pressure. Its dual blade system lifts and cuts hair comfortably just below the skin while its low-friction skin-glide surface skates smoothly over the skin surface for flawlessly close shaves without irritation. And still, the shaver has a precision trimmer for sideburn and moustache grooming.
Supplied with a seal to help you opt for either a comfortable dry shaves or a cool wet shaves with a shaving gel or cream, Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100 provides a slim, non-slip grip that helps you to handle it easily no matter the shaving option you choose. Besides, Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100 has a hair collection chamber that picks up all the hair as soon as they are cut, allowing you to keep your bathroom sink absolutely tidy and neat. And to clean the shaver, you only need to run clean water on it and then brush out its nooks and crannies gently with the brush that comes in its package, something that is absolutely easy.
Moreover, charging its battery for 1 hour will give you 40 minutes of shaving, while charging for 3 minutes will power it for a single full shave; the shaver delivers utmost convenience on-the-go. Similarly, the shaver has a travel clock, storage pouch and protective cap for convenience when traveling, while its worldwide voltage function that adjusts automatically from 100V-240V AC makes it perfect for international trips. Furnished with a battery indicator that alerts you when the Lithium-Ion battery runs low, and a low-battery warning-alarm that alerts you when power is completely used up; the fast-charging shaver ensures you never miss a shave. In fact, the shaver turns a tedious shaving routine into a pleasant fun!
- GyroFlex 2D Contour: Helps to adjust to facial curves and skin contours for clean and close shaves.
- DualPrecision Heads: Helps in shaving very short hair.
- Super Lift & Cut: Lifts hair and enables cutting just below the skin.
- AquaTec Seal: Boosts comfortable shaving in either wet or dry.
- SkinGlide Shaving Surface: Makes the shaver to float smoothly over the skin for easy clean shaves.
- Firm and easy grip: Easy to hold and twist through sharp angles.
- Reliable and travel-friendly Battery: Recharges fully after 1 hour, and runs for 40 minutes non-stop shaving time.
- Easy to clean: Comes with a cleaning brush that is used to remove hair and debris from the shaver during cleaning.
How to Use the Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100
- Turn your shaver on; just press the on/off button once.
- If you choose the wet shaving option, you will need to apply water on the face or area to be shaved before applying a gel to it so that there is foam. In dry shaving, you need no water.
- Hold the shaver into shaving position, typically against the direction of hair or beard growth, then shave by using both linear and circular movements.
- Stretch your skin using your free hand so the blades can catch, lift and cut the hair or whiskers. But make sure to press the razor to your skin gently in order to allow the floating heads to trace your facial contours clearly.
- When you are through with shaving, turn off your razor by pressing its on/off button once. Then, make sure to clean the razor after use.
How to Clean the Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100
- Turn the shaver off and remove it from the charging stand.
- Remove the shaver’s head holder and then rinse the shaving unit in hot tap water for 30 seconds.
- Shake the shaver so that excess water flies off; then allow the shaver to air dry (never wipe the shaver with a tissue or towel because you may damage the shaving heads).
- Replace the shaving head holder.
- Then you can proceed to clean the hair chamber and shaving unit with the supplied brush but without using water.
- When extensive cleaning is necessary, disassemble the whole shaver and clean each rotary blades and heads individually.