Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5
Ease of use10.0/10
Battery recharge time9.0/10
- Fast-shaving 5-blade cutting system
- Smooth and close shaving
- Stylish design
- Wet or dry use
- Less noisy
- Cool-looking blue LCD display
- Better cleaning and drying system
- Has all the features you may desire in a razor
- Highly priced
- Ergonomics are a bit awkward
- Trimmer has a tendency to close when moving “upward”
- LCD display should have been designed for more utility
Summary of My Review on Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 Electric Shaver
Are you looking for a superb shaver with more foils, faster shaving experience and better coverage? Do you desire utmost comfort and luxury with your shaving device? Or have you used premium shavers such as the Philips Norelco 3D, Braun series 7 or the Panasonic 4-blade shaver and failed to achieve your desired speed and closeness of shave?
If so, the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 Electric Shaver is perfect for you…
What of the high cost of the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 Electric Shaver?
Does the shaver offer any extraordinary value to warrant its price? Well, since it is the most efficient and sophisticated shaver in the current market, its price is fair. It should be an easy and ideal choice for those who desire a shaver that is luxurious and addresses every possible shaving detail. And if it matters to you how fast you can shave while achieving your desired closeness at utmost comfort, then the price of the shaver should not be a hindrance. In fact, the Panasonic Arc5 is the fastest linear-blade shaver in the market today and it offers a better blend of features and better performance than other leading shavers.
There are arguably very little room for complain with this top electric shaver. Even the price that looks high is justified by its performance, comfort and convenience. It is efficient and reliable for cutting thick hair, for trimming moustaches, and for quick morning beard trimming before work. It also shaves tricky facial contours clean and close in 1 or 2 stokes, excelling most leading razors that require multiple strokes for close shaves. Besides, while the shaver is not as quiet as Norelco, it is less noisy, than the latest Braun models and serves people who are sensitive to noise quite well. Therefore, with its fast, quiet, clean and close irritation-free shaves, either wet or dry, the price of Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 reflects quality.
My Detailed Review on Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 Electric Shaver
A close and clean wet or dry shaver, the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 is one of the best razors that money can buy. Boasting a 5-blade cutting system which offers more foils for an extensive coverage and reduced shaving time, the shaver handles tricky facial contours and thick hair in a stroke or two. And whereas other top-end shavers such as the Philips Norelco 3D, Braun series 7 and the Panasonic 4-blade requires multiple refocus on tricky contours and thick hair, the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 will not leave behind unattended patches and missed spots after one or two strokes. Relying on a set-up of a centrally positioned slit blade surrounded by four Quick Lift-Tech Foils, the shaver breezes easily over the skin, cuts hair without burns, nicks and bleeding, and achieves closer shaves than achieved by other leading shavers.
Besides, the Panasonic Arc5 has nanotech blades that are polished at an acute 30-degree angle, permitting a clean and close cutting of whiskers from their roots. Similarly, the shaver’s multi-flex active pivoting head enables seamless and uniform gliding over the chin and jaw-line, resulting in efficient coverage and clean shave at maximum comfort. The shaver’s 14,000 CPM linear motor-drive system maintains peak-power up to the end of the charge and eliminates the pulling and tugging that usually occurs with slower shavers, while the shaver’s automatic cleaning system removes debris and rubble with a sterile alcohol-free solution. Moreover, the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 shaver is furnished with a 10-stage LCD display, a travel pouch, pop-up trimmer, switch-lock button, battery status indicator and a smart charger. Delivering clean and close wet shaves with a shaving gel and smooth irritation-free dry shaves; the easy-to-use and easy-to-clean shaver upholds the standard as the Best Electric Shaver.
- 5-Blade Cutting System: The floating 5-blade system combines with the multi-flex pivoting head to deliver a buzzing fast shaving. The ultra-thin foils are also cleverly designed to raise hair up for clean and close cutting, without razor burns. While the 14,000 rpm motor guarantees quick shaving, the shaver is less noisy than the latest Braun models and has a nice pop-up trimmer for handling the mustache or sideburns.
- Reliable charging system: The shaver’s holder doubles as both charger and cleaner. The charger takes around 45 minutes to recharge the Lithium-ion battery from zero to full; while each full charge will do 15 shaves. The battery weighs 0.4lbs.
- Easy-to-use cleaning system: The cleaning system removes debris and rubble automatically with a sterile alcohol-free solution in cleaning cycles of 10 minutes each, from start to finish. The washing solution is not alcohol-based and does not evaporate, but cleaning cartridges are usually replaced depending on how often cleaning is necessary.
- 10-stage LCD display: Indicates everything the user needs to know, including battery status, charging indicator and reminders to do cleaning.
- Lock Button and Travel Pouch: Useful when taking the device on the go.
- Wet-Dry Shaving: The shaver can be used for either wet (foam or gel) or dry shaving. Its 3 stainless steel hypoallergenic blades and foils ensure less irritation and more comfort with sensitive skin types.
How to Use the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 Electric Shaver
- Rotate the lock-ring in order to unlock the shaver’s power switch and then press the power switch.
- Hold the shaver into shaving position and shave.
- Begin shaving by applying gentle pressure on your face, stretching your skin with your free hand and moving the shaver back and forth along the direction of your beard.
- As your skin gets accustomed to the shaver, you may increase pressure to achieve your desired shave quickly.
How to Clean the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 Electric Shaver
- Remove the water tank and open its cap.
- Wash away old cleaning liquid from the water tank and then rinse the tank thoroughly.
- Add tap water into the tank without allowing water to rise above the maximum water-line, as this would cause spillage of the cleaning liquid.
- Restore the water tank’s cap and close it securely, and then attach the tank appropriately.
- Peel off the seals of your new detergent cartridge, and then attach the detergent cartridge.
- Allow the concentrated detergent to be diluted by the water inside the tank so that a proper cleaning liquid forms.
- Then run the automatic cleaning system.