Panasonic ES-LV61-A Arc5
Ease of use9.0/10
Battery recharge time9.0/10
- Amazingly close and clean shaves in both wet and dry modes
- Prevents and eliminates ingrown hair and curling of hair into/under the skin; hence, safe and perfect for black men
- Easy to use on sensitive face, chin, jaw line and neck; less razor burns than previous Panasonic models
- Nice locking switch, charger and leather case for traveling
- Extra blades that cut through very thick beards faster and more cleanly, even when the stubble has grown for a few days
- Feature-rich and fully loaded, coming with almost every feature you will find in a shaver
- Solid-feel construction, easy to use, quiet and easy cleaning
- A little expensive, though the price is worth it
- May pull and tug longer and thicker beards
Summary Of My Review on Panasonic ES-LV61-A Arc5
Known to have curlier hair than their light-skinned counterparts, dark-skinned men suffer from serious problems when they trim their hair using blades or razors. Therefore, not every electric shaver will work comfortably for black men because they typically have curlier hair.
When cut short, a curly hair will react by coiling into or under the skin, resulting into an inflamed, irritated and discolored skin. The skin inflammation will look like pimples or bumps and may become infected. The razor bumps and ingrown hair will not only affect your facial features, but can also be emotionally stressful, resulting in low self-esteem.
So how can black men achieve clean-cut faces without the irritation and mutilation of razor bumps?
Simple! They need to use shavers that are specifically designed for black men. And one such shaver is the Panasonic ES-LV61-A Arc5 Wet/Dry Shaver with Multi-Flex Pivoting Head. Packed with innovative features to deliver close, comfortable and clean shaves in less time, the fully-loaded and washable electric shaver is one of the best that a black man can find in today’s market.
Who Should Use Panasonic ES-LV61-A Arc5?
- Men who have problems with ingrown hair after they shave: This electric shaver lessens and eliminates the coiling of hair into the skin.
- Men with very sensitive skin: The shaver works with minimal chances of razor burns, nicks or cuts.
- Black men with curly hair and who frequently suffer from disfiguring razor bumps: The Panasonic Arc 5 diminishes the chances of getting razor bumps and skin irritations.
Panasonic ES-LV61-A Arc5 Wet/Dry Shaver is the best razor for black men that money can buy. It has all desirable features and delivers top-notch performance. The quiet, easy-to-use and cordless shaver is designed to help men with curly hair and highly sensitive skin to achieve superbly close and clean shaves without razor burns, nicks and bumps. It glides smoothly across the skin and boasts of a very powerful motor that trims hair quickly.
For people with thick beards, this is the shaver that will give you your treasured close shave in both wet and dry conditions. And for all the innovative features, exceptional performance and utmost comfort for people with sensitive skin, this shaver deserves its price tag of just under $195.
My Detailed Review on Panasonic ES-LV61-A Arc5
Designed with a 5-blade (Arc-5) shaving system that offers more hypoallergenic foils and blades for more coverage, the Panasonic ES-LV61-A Arc5 Wet/Dry Shaver is a superb shaver for black men and all men with highly sensitive skin. The nanotech blades are perfectly honed at an acute 30-degree angle to ensure that whiskers are cut cleanly from their roots. The shaver boasts of a Multi-Flex Pivoting Head that glides uniformly across the skin surface, covering the face, jaw line and chin fully and delivering close shaves at premium comfort.
With a powerful motor drive system that delivers 14,000 CPM, the Arc 5 shaver trims hair without the pulling and tugging that is frequent with slower shavers while also maintaining peak-power and achieving consistently close shaves. Equally, it is easy to clean and allows for quick removal of all debris and stubble. It also comes with a 10-stage LCD display, pop-up trimmer, switch-lock button and travel pouch.
- Lift-Tech Foil with reverse-tapered edges for lifting and cutting beards that lie flat.
- Specially-Shaped Finishing Foil for capturing and cutting even the most stubborn hair/beards.
- Slit Foil for trimming longer hair/beards.
- Multi-Flex Pivoting Head which follows facial contours and conforms to neck, jaw line and under-the-chin area curves.
- 30-Degree Stainless Hypoallergenic Nanotech Blades that cuts hair from their roots with absolute precision.
- Rapid-Fire 14,000 CPM Linear Motor Drive that gives faster and closer shaves, eliminating tugging, pulling and irritation.
- 5 Independently-Floating Multi-Fit Arc Blades: Follows the contours of the face, neck and chin to deliver smooth and close shaves.
- Wet/Dry Shaving: For conveniently quick dry shaves and refreshing wet shaves with shaving gels/lotions/foams.
- 100-Percent Washable: Just rinse under running water.
How to use Panasonic ES-LV61-A Arc5 Wet/Dry Shaver
- This shaver gives superb dry shaves with absolutely no resistance at the cheek and chin areas. It also delivers amazing wet shaves.
- For dry shaves, you will need to wash your face to remove excess oil and dirt, then to dry it thoroughly using a towel. And for wet shaving, you will need to wash your face with warm water and then rub it with shaving cream, gel or soap before rinsing under running water.
- Turn the shaver on and place it into position, usually against the direction of hair growth. Shave by applying gentle pressure on your face, allowing the multi-flex head to trace your facial contours for a smooth shave.
- Stretch your skin with your free hand and make back-and-forth movements to catch and cut all the hair.
- After you achieve your desired shave, turn off the shaver, clean it and store it safely.
How To Clean Panasonic ES-LV61-A Arc5 Wet/Dry Shaver
- Cleaning is simply by rinsing the shaver under running water.
- So, begin by removing the foil cap, turning off the turbo-mode by holding the button for a few seconds, and then rinsing under running water.
- Shake off excess water and let the shaver dry on the side.
- Once in a while, you may use liquid soap to clean the shaver. In that case, you should add liquid soap on the foils, have the foil cap back on, and then turn the turbo setting on. Rinse the shaver under running water.
- If you use the shaver for daily shaves, make sure to clean it thoroughly at least once a week. But after every shave, make sure to clean the blades by removing the foil cap and rinsing the inner blades.