Braun Series 7- 790cc
Ease of use9.0 /10
Recharge Time9.0 /10
- Delivers very close, deep and comfortable shaves
- Cuts hairs that are pressed flat against the skin
- Prolonged cordless use and charges fast; also offers corded use
- A quieter shaver compared to many other models
- Three adjustable shaving personalization (settings) modes
- Easy-to-read LCD screen
- Easy to hold and easy to use
- Rapid cleaning with a cleaning stand that works well
- One of the cheapest shavers for black men and men with sensitive skin
- The cleaning process may be occasionally loud
- Travel case cannot carry the power cord
Summary of My Review on Braun Series 7 790cc
Men with sensitive skin and black men share a common dread for razors or blades. Due to friction, irritation, in-grown hair, nicks and burns that are frequently caused by manual razors, both dark-skinned men and men with sensitive skin are likely to experience disfiguring bumps and ugly scars on their faces, which may ultimately affect their facial appearance and self-esteem.
Unlike manual razors, blades of foil electric shavers do not really touch the skin because they are covered by the thin foils on the shaving heads. With minimal skin contact, those electric shavers deliver treasured closeness, smoothness and coverage without inflicting cosmetic and emotional damage.
And talking about the best electric shavers for black men and men with sensitive skin, Braun Series 7-790cc Pulsonic Electric Shaver comes first, hands down. Manufactured by Braun, a leading company with a solid history of delivering the best quality and hygienic products to consumers, the Braun 790cc is a feature-rich and efficient shaver that delivers quick, close, irritation-free and bumps-free shaves over and over again.
Did you know, that this Braun 790cc model shaver is the official NFL electric shaver and the world’s No.1 foil shaver brand.
Why Men With Sensitive and Black Skin Should Use Braun Series 7- 790cc Pulsonic Ideal for Sensitive?
- Does not pull or tug hair even when shaving very thick beards.
- Allows for convenient wet/dry shaves which decrease skin irritation.
- Blades do not make direct contact with the skin; hence, less friction, less skin damage and no irritation. Does not cause nicks and cuts.
- Allows for warm in-the-shower shaves which makes shaving easier as both the hair and skin are softer.
Braun Series 7- 790cc Pulsonic is uniquely designed to deliver the bumps-free and irritation-free shaves that black men and men with sensitive skin long for. It offers a huge number of features that combine to deliver quick, smooth, close and nicks-free shaves. In addition, it has a self-cleaning system that keeps it hygienic and offers a relatively quiet shaving experience.
The Braun 790 has three adjustable personalization settings that help users achieve their desired clean-cut faces. It also tackles coarse beards and tough areas (such as chin and neck) impeccably. And for all the comfort, closeness, coverage and convenience that it offers, the shaver is well worth its $170 price range. Put it simply, this is THE ultimate shaver!
My Detailed Review on Braun Series 7- 790cc
Combining superior technology and design, wet/dry user convenience and amazingly high performance, the Braun Series 7- 790cc Pulsonic is one of the best shavers in the market. Its Pulsonic Technology gives 10,000 micro-vibrations to help capture more hair per stroke and to deliver the most thorough, quickest and comfortable shaves.
Relying on an OptiFoil Design with special holes for cutting deeper hair quickly and effortlessly, the shaver does not only reduce the overall shaving time but also minimizes skin contact. In turn, the utmost comfort of the shaver makes it perfect for black men and men with sensitive skin.
Furnished with ActiveLift Technology for lifting flat hair, it cuts hair from their roots, delivers smooth shaves in hard-to-reach areas and trims flat and fine hair without misses. It will handle the hair around the jaw line and neck efficiently and leave behind no cuts and bleeding.
This particular Braun shaver has 3 different personalization modes which deliver specific levels of intensity for gentler shaves. Equally, it boasts of a contour-adaptive shaving head that breezes smoothly across the skin, tracing out contours and leaving no spot unattended. And because there is no need to make multiple strokes across the same area, it is the ideal shaver for black and sensitive skins that require minimal friction and irritation.
This Braun 7 electric shaver for men will be fully charged within 1 hour and delivers 50 minutes of very convenient cordless use. Its LCD display ensures that users know the better y power-level and can charge it promptly if required, while its 5-minute quick-charge gives the battery enough power for one full shave. Bear in mind that you need to clean it after every use in order to maintain top performance. With its automatic cleaning, lubricating, drying and charging system at the press of a button, the shaver blades can always be kept at their best.
- Pulsonic Technology with 10,000 micro-vibrations: Captures more hair per stroke, resulting in thorough, quicker and more comfortable shaves.
- Three Different Personalization Modes: Allows users to apply specific shaving modes for a different areas of the face/body resulting in gentler and gracious shaves.
- OptiFoil Close-Shaving Technology: Allows for deep and close shaving without harming the skin.
- Flexible Shaving Head: Adapts flawlessly to the contours of the face, helping to shave hard-to-reach parts of the chin and neck.
- Rechargeable Battery: Takes one hour to charge; gives 50 minutes of cordless use when fully charged.
- LCD Display: Enables users to know when battery recharging is necessary.
- Automatic cleaning and lubrication system that makes the shaver’s maintenance trouble-free.
- ActiveLift Technology: Lifts all flat hair to ensure that hair is cut from their roots.
- Package contains the shaver, cleaning brush, one CCR refill, protective case, power cord, user manual, and clean and renew stand.
How To Use Braun Series 7- 790cc Pulsonic Shaver
- Clean your face thoroughly to remove excess oil and dirt from the hair. After washing, dry your face with a towel. If you opt for a wet shaving mode, apply a shaving gel/cream on your face and rub gently so that both the hair and skin are soft.
- Turn it on and hold it into shaving position. Begin by making gentle back and forth movements and then increase the pressure as the skin gets used to the shaver. Use your free hand to stretch the skin so that the shaver can catch all flat hair pressed closely to the skin.
- When you want a very close shave, you should move it against the grain, ensuring that it is held gently enough to allow the shaving head to follow facial contours and adjust to hard-to-reach areas.
- Use cold water to rinse your face so that pores can close and freshly exfoliated skin can recover. Then dry your face with a clean towel.
How To Clean Braun Series 7- 790cc Pulsonic Shaver
- The shaver can be cleaned either automatically or manually.
- When doing manual cleaning, turn it ON and hold its head under hot running water. After a few seconds, remove it from running water and allow it to run for some seconds before turning it off. Then press the release button located near the shaving head so you can remove the cutter cassette and the foil. Allow the shaver’s components to air dry on a clean area.
- For self-cleaning, you will need to plug the shaver’s “Clean and Renew Station” and then to slide the cartridge gently into the space located at the bottom of the station. Then insert the shaving head into the top portion of the cleaning station, align them properly and press “Start Cleaning” button. Auto-cleaning will last 30-45 minutes.
This shaver has really impressed me with its excellent reviews to the point that I have done a FAQ / Q&A about it.
Frequently Asked Questions About Braun Series 7 790cc Pulsonic Electric Shaver
Q: What difference does the Linear Motor make in an electric shaver?
A: Unlike a conventional motor, a linear motor maintains constant speed even while the battery life is getting low. And, it does not slow down when shaving through hair.
Q: Does the Linear Motor extend the life of the battery?
A: Yes, it does. You don’t have to constantly top off the battery for full power. It will have the same shaving power as long as it has still has battery life.
Q: How much shaving time is provided by a full battery charge?
A: It allows about 50 minutes of shaving time.
Q: Does the 790cc have more battery life than previous models?
A: Yes. When it’s fully charged, it gives up to an additional 5 minutes of cordless shaving time compared to other models in the Braun line. This might seem minimal but it’s enough for one full shave or trim.
Q: Can the Braun Series 7 790cc Pulsonic Electric Razor be plugged into a wall outlet for a shave?
A: Yes. Plug and shave is always an option. *Caution: Do not wet shave or put the shaver in water when it’s directly powered!
Q: Is there a built-in beard trimmer?
A: There’s a ‘precision trimmer’ that pops out to tackle neck hair, sideburns and other areas where you might want superior shaving control to leave a clean, neat edge.
Q: Does the Braun 790cc need to be lubricated?
A: The blades are automatically lubricated when the Clean & Renew System is activated. If cleaning the shaver manually, add lubricant to the blades once a week. Machine oil will work fine.
Q: Why do the blades need to be lubricated?
A: Regular lubricating of the Braun 790cc keeps the blades operating at peak efficiency. It also helps the battery to last longer.
Q: The Li-ion battery has no ‘memory effect’ – what does this mean?
A: In general, when rechargeable batteries aren’t totally discharged between charges, they ‘remember’ the short discharge cycle just prior to the re-charging session. The ‘memory effect’ of Li-ion batteries is non-existent, unlike NiCad batteries.